Why is Hope a good quality?

by Bleep 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Only the wicked like to be free from hope. Hope is needed for our basic needs as a human. Without hope what do we have to look forward to? Only death would be a way out for some people living the lifestyle of this wicked system. Free my mind you may ask of me? We must be slaves to our master. All of us have to answer to a higher being. I have not been using the Watchtower Library for some time now. Crazy better lay off the drinks since moderation is the key to happiness. Not too many people here like that word hope. Where is my special counter at?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Bleep:

How is it that some of your posts are spelled correctly and the others are rambling junk? Are you rewriting WT pamphlet crap?

"We must be slaves to our Masters." What in the hell is wrong with you? You want to be some watchtower slave??? I answer to God but I am in no way a Slave to some human overseer (Elder).

"Moderation is the key to happiness." Then maybe you need to moderate your exposure to WT lies.

FREE YOUR MIND

Fools hate knowledge.

• Bleep
    Bleep

An Elder is in no way my master did I say that? A higher being would have to be a spirit being like Jesus or even Jehovah. So silly.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Oh, if you want to talk about moderation, maybe you should talk to your Elder Pedofiles about your Founder who was an Alchy.....

If your Elders are not you masters then why do you protect them when they abuse little kids?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Wut does that have anything to do with hope?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Bleep...

I don't think hope is a bad word...it's just not the best word. To me, hope has an air of 'iffyness' about it, something 'wishful', maybe even 'dream' like. I remember my JW friend always using the word 'hope' in discussing life after death. One day I finally said to this friend...I don't just 'hope' there's life after death...I have faith there is, I just know it. (Now for all of you who don't believe in God or life after death, please go have a drink and say to yourself..."whatever").

To me faith is a stronger word...to me, it's meaning is more an assurance, conviction, confidence. I must say, though, in your defense, since I been on this board and have learn a lot about JW beliefs I can understand why you use the word hope. With the belief that after death, maybe God will remember you (and maybe not) to resurrect you...that probably is the best word for you to use... hope - as in an iffy proposition.

Edited by - Double Edge on 2 July 2002 16:33:28

• Bleep
    Bleep

Hope is still a good word to use on a date.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((LadyLee))))))

You're a talented lady for sure! My heart is in my throat over your poem.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Hope is still a good word to use on a date.

Yes it is Bleep...yes it is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bleep, I see you have attracted a pretty hostile response to an innocent word. Have you thought much why that might be, or do you chalk it up to apostate, godless behaviour?

I have hope in my Creator, Jehovah. He has forgiven me, loves me, and watches over me. I have hope that good always wins over evil, even in these days. I hope that most people are interested in being a friend, rather than a foe.

In the Greek scriptures, we are offered many reasons to hope.

el-pece'

which is a primary word (to anticipate, usually with pleasure); expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence: - faith, hope.

1Jo 3:1

Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this cause the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2

Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.

1Jo 3:3

And every one that hath this hope set on him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

So that is what I think of hope.

So tell me. Is this hope for Jehovahs Witnesses only? Is it for all Jehovahs Witnesses, or only for the anointed JWs? How many anointed JWs are still alive? Is the promise at 1 John 3:3 a restricted hope? I eagerly await your informed response.

Now. Why the violent response to your topic? I believe a series of doctrines taught by the WTS conditions former members to a life of isolation and bitterness.

1. The WTS is the sole provider of Truth.

2. All the rest of Christendom is hopelessly wicked and corrupt. Members are fed a constant stream of information to back this preposterous claim.

3. To leave the organization is to be apostate, and to face a hopeless future of isolation from family members still within the organization, death and destruction.

So what happens when a member realizes that the WTS is not 100% True? That they have been lied to? This was supposed to be the Perfect Organization! Cant leave, they face death. Cant get comfort and support from without - they are all corrupt! Some sink in to bitterness, like a moth attracted to the flame, they butt heads with the organization at any opportunity. After all, who else do they have to talk to? Trinitarians?

I read an interesting science article about moths. It seems their senses mistake the flame for the light of the moon. Our Grand Creator designed them this way so they could navigate in a straight line at night. A false bright light can fool them though. As the moth tries to use the false light for navigation, it ends up spiralling closer and closer to its own death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit