Where is the proof Jehovahs people abuse children?

by Bleep 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Englishman
    Englishman

From my local newspaper:

Child Molester in U.K. behind Bars, Still a JW

zoom +
    partial page from the Western Daily Press (West England) March 25, 1977 (we apologize for bad copy, each page is about 160k in size, so it might load slow) Jehovah's Witness preacher and ministerial servant Dennis Atwell (58) was convicted of child abuse at Bristol Grown Court on 21st. March 1997, Father of six, Atwell, married to wife Betty for 37 years, was a respected member of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Burnham-on-Sea, West Somerset. He admitted to 12 counts of indecent assault, indecency with a child, buggery and incest. The selected representative incidents cited took place between 1968 and 1982.

Ian Pringle, prosecuting, told the court: "This indictment represents a long history of sexual abuse against children." David Osbourne, defending, said "He pleaded guilty at the first opportunity and made it clear he would confess to everything the victims alleged - this has spared them the ordeal of reliving a very traumatic experience." (Following interviews with the police and counselling by social workers the three Atwell children, Kathy, Annette and William - all now adults with children of their own - had made written statements which were presented to the court in the form of Affidavits.)

Awaiting trial, Atwell was secretly relocated by the Watchtower leadership to the nearby town of Weston-Super-Mare where he attended meetings at a Kingdom Hall and mingled freely with other unsuspecting sect members including children. He was also `assigned territory` where he could continue his 'full time ministry', termed 'pioneering', selling Watchtower literature door to door - usually alone. He was never 'disfellowshipped' or excommunicated.

The Atwell family members who have found the courage to speak out against their wicked father also feel that they have been emotionally abused by the Watchtower Society. They want to expose it for what it is. They all agree to the widest coverage of their plight and want the world to know their story. Watchtower officials think differently of course, and would like the whole thing to go away. They reason that the less people know the better.

Englishman.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Over the years there have been numerous media stories about abuse in the WTS. Most of the stories have been ignored or discounted by JWs as part of their inability to see anything wrong in the organization.

Before the late 1970's hardly anyone mentioneed any kind of abuse. During the late 70's however, researchers started to study the problem of abuse in all its forms. Initially the world responded with disblief and denial. Not unlike what the WTS and JWs are doing right now. But eventually enough people came forward that the denail just could not hold up any longer. So too with the WTS. Eventually as the victims begin to speak out more people will discover just how bad this problem is within the org. We have just seen the tip of the iceberg. Be warned - when your friends and your family start talking you will be stunned at the magnitude of the problem.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Englishman!!!!!

Thank you so much for the newspaper article.

I hope you sent it to Bill Bowen.

He keeps a list of these for his web site.

Again thanks a lot!!! It really shows this as a world wide problem!!!!!

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Lady Lee,

Thanks for the excellent post. You are so right and that is based on me just getting to know a number of individuals on this site, through Bill/Barb/Maximus and in Canada.

I will be sending you an Email to update you on what we have uncovered for the cause on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Take care.

hawk

• Bleep
    Bleep

Wow one story got threw to the media!!!

Im so happy the churches doctrines is not proportional to Jehovah's Witnesses. At least they will disfellowship ones that keep on molesting and not hide under the skirts of the Bishops.

At least I would not go way out of my way and show paper clippings.
    I would take your word on a story from the world events.

The people who were talking garbage about the many child malestations that are never printed about JW's came from this site. Those who first enter this site get to read so much propaganda.

Looks like I am not the only "Borg" religious person here.

• SYN
    SYN
    Wow one story got threw to the media!!! (sic)

ERROR. There has been far more than just one story that "got through" to the Media. I love the way you say that.

Im so happy the churches doctrines is not proportional to Jehovah's Witnesses.

So am I, at least the hundreds of millions of people under it's authority have less chance of having their entire lives ruined for speaking up about the scandal.

At least they will disfellowship ones that keep on molesting and not hide under the skirts of the Bishops.

THAT IS BS, AND YOU KNOW IT. It is the ones who speak out who are disfellowshipped.

The people who were talking garbage about the many child malestations that are never printed about JW's came from this site.

You should be at Silentlambs.com, not here, if that's what you're looking for.

Those who first enter this site get to read so much propaganda.

No, mostly just stuff from places like Silentlambs. Wrong again.

Looks like I am not the only "Borg" religious person here.

Well, there aren't that many Assimilants here purely because an informed JW is an XJW.

How can you just deny a problem as large as the one you've mentioned? PUH-LEEZE! Take off the blinders, big guy!

Edited for font size...

Edited by - SYN on 29 June 2002 13:19:42

• larc
    larc

There is one difference between the Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses, and this difference is huge. The rank and file Catholics are publicly denouncing its own church for its wrongs and they are demanding reform. For the Witnesses who make the same demands, they are facing disfellowshipping. Two major spokespersons for the abused Witnesses have been disfellowshipped and a third one only escaped it due to a public outcry.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

What is the proof that they're Jehovah's people, period?

• Bleep
    Bleep

It is a great thing we can disfellowship such ones, it is what makes my religion so great. We try not to take our brothers to court as well. Anyone can speak out if they were molested, that is what everyone is taught at the Kingdom Halls of justice.

Now for the Bishops trying to hide if they do wrong all they get is a slap on the wrist.

• larc
    larc

Bleep, so you think that disfellowshipping a pedophile is the appropriate punishment? In other words, just throw them out and let them continue their crimes out in the world. Does your system of justice apply to rape and murder as well? Are two witnesses the proper method to judge any of the aforementioned crimes. Come on now, how many rapists, murderers, or child molesters invite witnesses to view their crime. Also, Bleep, would you address my comments in my last post, please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit