Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Marilyn, I appreciate your post very much. I agree with you that dirty talk does not bother me at all. However, the "thread" went beyond dirty talk. That's all I want to say about it now as I am in enough hot water. However, I can understand about not caring about catering to witnesses any more, but if sincere people come here looking for answers I don't want them to feel put off by something they are not accustomed to seeing. Anyway, I am new to this forum stuff and am not yet jaded, I guess. Best regards.

• Bodhibear420
    Bodhibear420

Dutchie,

I can't help but notice how different your views have become in just a few days. Let me Quote words that came directly from you. Please let me know how these topics really differ.

"If the thread in witches makes you uncomfortable, you have the option to just ignore it. However, freedom of expression is important to this forum and if that freedom somehow is unsettling to you, than you belong at that other site."

What gives?? Freedom of expression as long as you agree with it? I'm just lookin for a little consistancy here.

Namaste,

Bodhibear

http://www.jehovah-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30246&site=3

• Valis
    Valis
    we do feed their efforts to hold weak ones inside the Borg when we post in a manner that appars degrading and supports their claims about us.

its all about appearances...just like the Borg eh?

Once again, the whining goes on...in essence ....please leave, start you own board, don't post some things because the really weak ones won't understand... Dakota, why is that necessary? So, when the weak ones come here, all they should get is the bible pablum...reasoning back and forth, trying to explain away a large portion of someone's life by quoting bible verse? That is no better than living IN the borg.......If someone posted a particularly explicit thread on being abused is there a difference? Most good folks shouldn't hear that kind of thing...Some are off point as usual w/the moralistic business, but Si, never said it was taboo to post pics like that, only in moderation...(Sorry if I'm readin too much into your post Simon....)

Valis of the "been out 13 years and understands freedom of the intellect" class

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Valis, you must agree that it is a far cry from "biblical pablum" to "naked pictures". Will you admit that much. There must be some middle ground.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Bod, you are absolutely right. I did say that and I meant it at the time. I think people should be allowed freedom. However, the thread in question went just a little too far, in my opinion.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Once again, the whining goes on...in essence ....please leave, start you own board, don't post some things because the really weak ones won't understand... Dakota, why is that necessary?

Valis, I did not tell anyone to leave. I merely suggested an alternative. Why do so many come into someone elses house agreeing to abide by any rules, then demand the host cater to them? Is it so difficult to act as our host has asked us to? Would you like someone coming into your house and doing as you asked them not to? No, this isn't a house, but it is Simons board, and, he has asked for it to be toned down. Is it really all that difficult to do?

• Valis
    Valis

OK dutch, I agree to moderation on both sides...I'm not trying to be an ass...oops immoral word!....really...you know dam well if could have gotten worse and its probably a good thing that the middle man stepped in.......I guess we put Simon in a moral sandwich eh? I might not be the average XJW, but I certainly have a list of things that are not acceptable, and few things I read or see fall into that category. it really boils down to a matter of intellect I think and being able to discern the important things from those that are friviloties....IMHO ....If I ask you to examine your original objection you will find that its the same moral merry go round we've been on for years. is this right? Life passes by....Is this acceptable?...Life passes by......is that person bad association?...Life passes by....glad I got off that ride and bought a new ticket... whole new meaning to the leap of faith....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Dutchie, You are not in hot water. Please don't be put off expressing your opinions by a few who don't agree with you. You have raised a very valid point and though I didn't see the offending post, I'm sure is was way over the top. You have been very brave to bring this subject up. For everyone who disagrees with you there will be someone who does agree. Actually we are hypocrites because we spend hours decrying the WTS and wanting to help people see thru it, but many are not prepared to behave in a way that will help individuals feel comfortable here.

Don't feel at all uncomfortable. I admire you for speaking up!

Marilyn

• Valis
    Valis

Note DR my previous posts in regards to his actions, which are in contrast to my response to others in this post.......

BTW Dakota...I love Hogan's Heroes!...I used to watch it w/my XJW grandfather while he rolled cigarettes and drank beer.... "I know nothing!!!!! I see nothing!!!!" Was Schultz a JW?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 15 June 2002 22:7:57

Edited by - Valis on 15 June 2002 22:9:4

• Imbue
    Imbue

I'll just ponit to Dutchie's comment in this freedom of speech discussion:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29704&site=3&page=3

LOL... Anyone that commented on that thread against the person expressing his opinion on what should or shouldn't be allowed on this forum will be reminded of their words...hmm hmm hmm...

Dutie was one of them..LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit