Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

sorry dutch...didn't mean to imply you said that, I was referring to the general theme of this thread. If in fact you would prefer not to see provocative material here, then the obvious solution you seek would be for folks to post elsewhere and not jwd, is that a fiar assumption?

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Dutchie,

From this thread about personality types:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29904&site=3

• Prisca
    Prisca
    If in fact you would prefer not to see provocative material here, then the obvious solution you seek would be for folks to post elsewhere and not jwd, is that a fiar assumption?

No one is saying that. There is such a thing called self-control, ever heard of that?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

You are putting words in my mouth. I simply asked suggested that you use a little discretion when engaged in those types of threads. Why would I want you to leave? That hair. those glasses, why I think I love you.

• Valis
    Valis

Pris..I thought there was lots of self control and as you know that thread spawned lots more private emails than it did posts of "unacceptable" material...Naebs didn't put boobies welcome there for no reason....

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Pierced, I took that test. I love those personality tests. I forgot my score though. Do you think I need to take it again? LOL

• Imbue
    Imbue

Anyone that speaks against Nae posting naked PICs of himself is on my list...for revenge. I won't leave it for God.

Naebs if you can't post your naked PICs any more just send then via email.

Edited by - imbue on 15 June 2002 21:19:44

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Dutchie, thanks...you didnt offend me...I was just sharing my thoughts with you.

Pierced...yes us ENFP's are a wild bunch...definetly a group that has to be closely watched ;)

Lizard

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Dutchie, I have pondered this problem many times. I am nearly 50 yrs old and female. I have a different perspective to someone who is an exjw, 30 and male. I do not believe in Biblical morals as such, rather I form my own opinion about what is moral and what isn't. I believe it's immoral the way my JW family have treated me. IMO their behavior, on many levels, is far worse than consenting adults having sex outside wedlock - (if there is no one being hurt by their actions).

As regards the forum, it's my personal preference to keep it reasonably clean. I've heard guys make jokes about blow jobs etc and those same ones spend hours writing brilliant posts about how deranged the WTS is. To me, the blow job quib undoes all their great efforts in the writing department. But then I think; are we responsible for people coming out of the Org? Why should we cater all our comments to lurkers who might finally GET something we say? Yes I do think it delays the progress of doubters waking up to the WTS, but I'm really tired of pandering to witnesses. I'd rather have this forum a fun place for everyone. I guess I feel that in the big picture, dirty talk, doesn't do that much harm. It's just talk. It's innocent for the most part. And that takes me back to things that are much, much, much more sinister than dirty talk. Tower behavior offends me FAR more than anything anyone here says.

Don't get me wrong. I'm kinda with you, but this is how I've come to view this problem. I've been on exjw internet sites since 1996 and this is where I'm at now on this issue. Btw I'm a very conservative person in myself. Only ever slept with one guy in my life. My husband of 30 yrs!

very much appreciate where you are coming from

Marilyn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As much as any other man, I enjoy viewing the female anatomy and if it's shown, I will look. But, to me the bottom line is that this is Simons house and he requested we clean it up a bit and think before we post just anything. That is not stifling anyones freedoms. It is simply cooperating with our gracious host. He set the site up and pays for it. Even if we contribute, he still bears the responsibilities of the site. So, what he says goes. If we wish to ignore his requests and not abide by them, then we are as free as anyone else to post explicit material elsewhere.

If Simon wises to set up a password protected area for more explicit material, that is his business and he may do so. Any of the rest of us could also set up our own boards for such too and bear the responsibility. No need to compete. Many of us post or read both this site and Kents with no malice towards either.

Instead of expecting and demanding Simon to cater to our whims, set up your own site and run it as you wish. Dutchie is right. While many of you don't care what the Watchtower thinks, including me, we do feed their efforts to hold weak ones inside the Borg when we post in a manner that appars degrading and supports their claims about us. I would like to see many more wake up and leave the Borg. That alone can be a shock and takes a bit of time to get over. But, when seeing that we do act just as the Watchtower claims us 'postates do can scare many away and encourage them to return.

Simon has granted a lot of latitude here and many fun threads have been started and kept going. But, he has asked that we tone it down a bit and as his guests, I feel we should comply. If you feel that infringes on your freedoms, then by all means, do as Kent did and start your own messgae board and run it as you see fit. I would probably even join it, if invited.

I too have made some very explicit remarks and raw comments and if it offended anyone, I offer my apologies. As much as any of you, I remember enjoying sex (getting older, you know). But as the name of the site says, this is a place to discuss anything about the Jehovah's Witnesses. That does not need to cross the line about sexually explicit material.

Now, I step down off my soap box and go back to sleep

Well said, Dutchie.

Simon, thank you for putting up with us all and keep up the good work you do here.

For any that feel stifled and not allowed to express their sexual freedom, here is a link to site that does post the material desire. It is free, unless you wish to join the hardcore section:

http://www.watchersweb.com/home_models_page.htm

Edited by - DakotaRed on 15 June 2002 21:35:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit