Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Does every issue of morality have to be compared with the thinking and teaching of Jehovahs Witnesses? Simply because you are no longer Jehovahs Witnesses does that mean that you flaunt all moral authority and engaged in any perverted pleasure that you have a mind to? Because your morality is no longer legislated by a pseudo religious organization does that give you license to engage in all acts of "immorality" and refer to it "as just having fun." Perhaps, if that is your nature. If you believe that the organization has so repressed your sexuality that you that in order to redeem yourselves you must act out in a common and degrading way, then that of course is your choice.

However, please consider this. Someone recently questioned the concept as to whether this forum should be run to please those "who come or may come." I dont believe that that is entirely true. However, I do believe that we have a responsibility to the people who come here and are looking for substance in their investigation. Isnt that why we came here? We came looking for answers. Not to see naked boobs or tushies.

Yes, I believe that we now have the freedom that we lacked in the society and I am glad of that freedom. I applaud that freedom every day. Nevertheless does that freedom mean that we throw off all moral consciousness, that we live only for what pleases us, that we do all things that please us and make us feel good, that we engaged in every sort of sexual permissiveness. It may.

Should then this sexual freedom be performed on this public forum where people come seeking religious answers? I dont think so and I beg you to consider the feelings of others.

Please dont be angry with me. I am just stating my opinion. You are free to agree or disagree but at times and on some level, I am actually sometimes ashamed to be associated with this forum. And I dont like feeling that way. I love you all too much.

• mindfield
    mindfield

I love you too, Dutchie... great post, great thougths. Having fun is one thing. Disregarding all moral standards we may have is another.

• Valis
    Valis
    Should then this sexual freedom be performed on this public forum where people come seeking religious answers?

Hmmm....I wasn't aware that this was the place to come looking for religious answers.....come on mind...dutchie, where are they and what in the hell does that mean anyway? Did I miss all those threads? BTW, start casting stones and imposing your version of morality..see how far that gets you. AND finally mind....talk about kissing ass...you restarted the pic thread and what did you think would happen? Then you jump on this righteuos bandwagon....what a load!!!! Get off it old chap...

If you guys are being sarcastic then I apollogize, if not get real goddamit!!!

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Amen. Must one be associated with a religious organization to have upright morals? No!

Guest 77

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Valis, don't people who are still Jehovah's Witnesse come here looking for answers? We see it all the time. I am not beig judgmental and I am not throwing stones. "See how far that gets you"what does that mean? I am simply giving you my opinion. I am allowed to do that, am I not? I think that I am allowed the freedom of thought, just as you are.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lol Dutchie,there are many people on this board,you are not responsable for them.If you don`t like a thread,particapate on one you do.You will drive your self crazy if you try to controll a large number of people.It just won`t work ,unless you have a gun or religion to threatin them with..LOL...OUTLAW

• b_ster
    b_ster

When people want to find more about JWs they will probably find freeminds.org first. When they want to talk to ex-JWs, they will come here.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I totally agree with you Dutchie.

Just because I have left the JWs doesn't mean I have tossed aside all moral restraint. I actually agree with certain moral codes, and I stil live by them.

I don't have to live by these morals, but I choose to. There is a huge difference.

For example, on this board I have come into contact with quite a few unhappily married men. I have become good friends with a couple of them. Now, I could go ahead and have an affair with them if the opportunity arose. I'm sure if I expressed interest, an affair could take place. But I don't. Simply because I think adultery is wrong. So I'm not interested in married men, fair and square. The guys I'm friends with know that. And I continue to enjoy good friendships with them.

There's nothing wrong with sex, or with expressing one's sexuality in proper ways.

But there is a time and a place for everything, and I don't think this is really the place (nor the time, especially so soon after Dateline airing) for flaunting (and those pics did come across as flaunting).

Since JWs-Raw has begun, none of the posters so willing to flaunt their bodies on this site have posted over there. Funny that.

• Valis
    Valis

Dutch, of course, and I would never argue that, but I would remind that since we all enjoy freedom of choice, clicking on a particular thread embodies that choice indeed. That's what is truly beautiful about posting here and hanging out with all of you. I get to read all kinds of things from all kinds of people, scholarly, humorous, saddening, maddening, heart warming, irritating, provocative, etc... If mayhap the wondering or wandering JW lurker deliberately clicks on a thread that contains the word boobies, I would say they are well on their way to being on the right track, not to be confused w/tract that is..heheh Anyway, the next step is to stop those that want to tirade against the WT w/harsh language and lots of intended malice. We certainly wouldn't want to hurt their feelings now would we?

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• Southland
    Southland

I am confused by Valis' post. I thought it was Mindfield who restarted the picture post, not Dutchie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit