Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Teejay, I'm flattered that you liked my post. This issue has been raging since the inception of exjw internet forums. The other thing I forgot to mention is that inspite of the subject matter on exjw forums, the number of people leaving is growing rapidly. Either that or more and more exjws are finding their way onto the net. I suspect that Witnesses who are in the market for a change are looking beyond the shallow stuff. Let's hope so anyway.

Marilyn

ps Waiting is a Godess!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey larc,You and me are buds so I know you`ll veiw my question as honest.Do you really think this forum drives honest people away?I don`t think so bud.It may initially but I think if your an honest person you will see people speaking from their heart.That is priceless.Eventually people who can handle the truth will come back.That is the gift of this board,and you are part of it...OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

OUTLAW, Yes I do believe it drives people away. It drove Maximus away and it nearly drove Hillary away early on. Barbara Anderson will not post here because of how she was treated in an email sent through Maximus. Both Maximus and Hillary via private emails have told me about many who have emailed them who were driven off because of the viciousness and crudeness of this place. If some don't care about the fragile and the emotional who read our words, I feel sorry for their calousness. I don't care for the attitude - well I got through the emotional turmoil, but I have no obligation to help my poor brother or sister who is suffering.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Hi Insence, I appreciate your comments and I agree with you that freedom of expression is not immoral. However, I am not as jaded as you are when it comes to my responsibility to other people. I think we all have a responsibility to one another. I don't want to offend you in any way and I would like that same courtesy from you. Are we are brother's keeper? That in the age old question? We live in a time when total freedom is looked upon as being enlightened, as being modern. However, because I feel responsible to my neighbors and my friends I sometimes refrain from doing everything I might want to do. But that's just me

jaded? you act as if saying what you want to freely while simultaneously respecting the minimal guidelines set forth by simon is somehow evil. because i no longer care what jehovah's witnesses think of me, that makes me a jaded person who has no regard for the feelings of my fellow man? you're way off here. i come to this forum to say what i want to say about my victimization at the hands of the WTS. period. the day i cannot do that is the day i leave this place. total freedom? if we had total freedom, we would have anarchy. i am certainly not an advocate of that!

Freedom of expression is immoral. It is immoral to hell fire in a crowded theatre which causes a panic and a lose of life. It is immoral to falsely accuse someone of a crime. It is called defamation of character and is grounds for a law suit. It is immoral to use language that will injure an emotionaly disturbed person. Also, I might add that your depiction of the JWs who come here is a stereotype. You left out those who come here like most who have remained who wanted help, and were lucky enough to come here when the atmosphere did not offend them and drive them away.

larc: duh. as if i would do any of those things you mentioned. i'm not an anarchist just because i think people should say what they want to say here. this is a message board, ok, not a temple. what about the stereotypes some jw's post here, like calling us "repressed fundies", or preaching to someone who LEFT that faith and who is here to tell their story and listen to others? what about the feelings of those who were hurt grievously by the wts and seek others with the same shared experience? we read their posts and get hurt or offended but we press on, do we not? and that one comment you made: "Freedom of expression is immoral". that says it all. if you want to think it's immoral, that's your problem. yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre or slander or the other things you mentioned are not freedom of expression. they are irresponsible acts, even criminal. so don't paint my defense of freedom of expression as advocating that. and funny you should mention "language that will injure an emotionaly disturbed person".... one of the witness guys sent me an unsolicited email that was full of weird s--- and had a stalking tone to it. what did i do? break down and cry? no. i forwarded it to simon and blocked the sender and deleted the email. it emotionally disturbed me. WHERE IS THEIR CONSIDERATION FOR OUR FEELINGS?!

my days of answering to jehovahs' witnesses are OVER. if you want to walk on eggshells to please a few idiots like that go ahead. i'm out of here.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Becky, I have noted your comments with interest. I don't know how I would have responded to that thread had I not been raised as a JW. I just know that it offended me.

I apologize for using the word "degrade". I was trying to get a point across and I guess I used language that was to harsh. I too am trying to get over my JW past but I am not trying to get over my sense of morality, wherever that comes from. The thread started off okay, but as it went along people were pulling down their pants showing their behinds and one fellow was completely naked. If that is what you define as "tasteful" then, Becky, that is certainly your perogative. I personally thought it was offensive.

also don't like to blame all of my actions on JW upbringing. Sometimes we are just the people we are. I have been thinking, maybe its the age difference. I am 38 years old and all of you are younger, I suppose? However, I believe I am excellent shape and I am also not bad to look at (long red hair, green eyes) and it would never occur to me to disrobe and show myself. Am I repressed sexually. Maybe. All things are relative, though, and I don't believe I am. That's why I believe the people participating in the forum should have respect for the personalties of all who share. I think maybe the point is that I believe that this forum is not the place to "flaunt" your sexuality. I may have fotgotten some questions you asked, if I did I ask that you please respond and remind me. Regards.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Well, then, Insense, I misunderstood the tone of your post and I spologize. I certainly did not mean to upset you.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Dutchie.....good gracious girl....how could anyone hate you? You are one of the sweetest posters on here...so don't you go worrying yourself that speaking your mind is going to make people hate you.

I have to admit that if I want to see nekkidness I'll go to a nekkidness site....I don't expect to see it here....but I also live with the outlook 'each to their own'. If someone's behaviour isn't hurting anyone else, then I don't find it offensive...but that's just me. You will also see some group posting patterns...people tend to post to and fro within a group that they feel comfortable with...its just human nature. With this in mind and time being precious...I tend to post where I feel comfortable with the theme or the people who are posting there...some people are like magnets...and some....are not! Go with YOUR magnets!

You are one of my magnets Dutchie...your posts are always interesting....and I hope that some of my inappropriate posts haven't offended you.

Beck

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

OH Beck, thank you! You're my hero. I'm going to stop crying now. I certainly didn't want to upset anyone.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Dutchie,

Thanks for responding. But I'm going to disagree with you again (btw--I'm 34). "Flaunting your sexuality"--that's what you think those pics were about? Since when did anyone say anything about sexuality? Dutchie--please try and separate the human body from sex for a minute. Yes, it can and does bring up sexual thoughts--but that's not the point. It was simply a thread about boobie pics, that turned into one containing a few butts and a naked picture. But what did you actually see in the naked pic? Somebody's back and butt and maybe their legs? I'm just asking you to rethink the whole situation. If it was such an offensive thread, why was it allowed to go on for soooooo long?

Becky

• larc
    larc

Incense, DuH! You used the term and the way you used it is wrong. Freedom of expression has limits, but you didn't point that out. I did. Now, will I walk on egg shells for Witness apologists? It depends. Some I will rip apart verbally, if they are arragant, self centered, and ignorant. If they appear to be troubled and seem to be sincerely looking for information, why yes, I will walk on egg shells. I do not paint every Witness who comes here with the same brush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit