Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

144, in some circles "common" and "degrading" are actually compliments.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Path,

It was fun and it felt great. Guess that's why it's just got to be wrong, LOL.

When I was hungrily reading for information about the society, I just skipped over threads like that (well, not really, I guiltily checked them out, but felt like I was being naughty, :-) ) I went straight for what I wanted to know and just ignored the numerous argument threads, etc. When your car group stops at Hooters for lunch and no one says anything, but "The Simpsons" is considered "offensive" you learn to not take it too seriously, lol.

Anyway, I am sorry if I offended anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the attention. I loved seeing new sides to everyone too, very nice sides as a matter of fact. MMM MMM MMM There are some very nice looking people posting on this forum.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I'm not surprised that in Christian circles "common" and "degrading" are compliments. :) Seems what your brand of religion has been about since the beginning hasn't it?

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Dutchie:

Im probably one of those people you are referring to coming here looking for answers.

Just left the Borg last month. I started out reading Silentlambs and ended up here. And yes, sometimes the items I have seen here have made me question my decision to leave the org.
    I dont know if it can be remedied or if any of us ( other than Simon) have the right to tell others what to post, but I want to say that I very much appreciate your concern. I believe that Gods Word is what had power not the Organization. I too will choose to live my life along those lines.

I think you are FANTASTIC!

Nanoprobe (borg assimilation to the Cellular level, hard to ever completely eradicate)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Dutchie,your posts are easy to read,LARGE PRINT.LOL)..Dutchie you post what ever you like,read what ever threads you like.It makes no difference to me.There are others on the board who feel exactly like you..You just have to be carefull the board dosen`t get to you.This place will drive the best of us crazy..LOL...OUTLAW

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Naeblis, I wasn't trying to impress anyone and "taking the high road" was certainly not my agenda. "Screaming like a baptist"? Well, just because someone disagrees with the stand you take and asks you to consider others does that bother you? If so, then I a sorry for you. I agree there is nothing wrong with a half naked body and the thread didn't start off like that did it. However, as it progressed, well........... What's the matter with Baptist's anyway?

• Southland
    Southland

Sorry Valis ... I didn't catch you shortening Mindfield's name to "Mind." Guess my eyes kinda flew over that. Just like you shortened "Southland" to "South." That's confusing ...

Edited by - Southland on 15 June 2002 20:49:44

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Let Simon find out the associated costs of setting up a seperate entry or even associated forum where explicit sex can be bandied about.

Personally id be happy to contribute generously toward such costs.

Bet others would be willing too.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Dutchie,

For your convenience, I've copied the definition of "degrade" from dictionary.com:

degrade Pronunciation Key (d
    v.degraded,degrading,degrades
    v.tr.
    1. To reduce in grade, rank, or status; demote.
    2. To lower in dignity; dishonor or disgrace: a scandal that degraded the participants.
    3. To lower in moral or intellectual character; debase.
    4. To reduce in worth or value: degrade a currency.
    5. To impair in physical structure or function.
    6. Geology. To lower or wear by erosion or weathering.
    7. To cause (an organic compound) to undergo degradation.

"Some circles" think murder is OK, but fortunately such thought has decreased in popularity in recent years. I find it hard to believe that any substantial non-incarcerated segment of society would view "degrading" as a compliment.

Edited by - 144thousand_and_one on 15 June 2002 20:54:4

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Naeblis, actually I was only kidding. Does someone taking a "Christian" stance bother you? Do you believe in Christ and think that we should follow in his footsteps? Maybe that is the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit