Sometimes I Am Ashamed

by Dutchie 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks 144, next time I will choose my words more carefully. Thank you for educating me.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Any time, Dutchie, except next time I think you'll need a better teacher as I don't think I got my point across.

• gumby
    gumby

Quote: BTW, start casting stones and imposing your version of morality.

Imposing your version? Do you mean.....expressing her opinion, or imposing it?

Many times an opinion on morality is given here, and some people are quick to stand up against it....saying you are judging others. Giving your opinion is far from judging.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

144, I am very well educated. I got your point. And I did not mean to sound judgmental.

Gumby, I was simply giving my opinion. I am trying try to start a sect and have no desire for others to "follow me." LOL

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Dutchie....I do respect what you had to say about morals.

I guess me....like some others got a little out of hand with our boobie and tush pics.

Its was all in fun...and I do apologize if you are offended.

I do think that people who are oppressed can sometimes get a little wild when they are finally free from an organization like the Watchtower...and some, more wild than others.

I think Simon shut down the thread before the "really private" parts started to get posted.

This is probably a good thing considering the mixed group of people that visit this site.

There does need to be balance and I think Simon is on top of it.

On the other hand...some do need to be more tolerant of others....I mean...who really wants more oppression?

Sometimes, and I know I've mentioned this before, its good to be a little "thick-skinned" with regard to things that rub us the wrong way. You cant please everybody and everybody cant please you.

It is nice to have an online community of people to share their feelings with, joke around, cry on each others shoulders, and encourage one another.

Thank you for your post Dutchie,

Lizard

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thank you, Lizard. Your points are well taken and I also apologize if anything in my post offended you. I hadn't realized before you were such a nice guy!

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I think it's because there's so many of us ENFP types here that things got a little too wild, LOL, right Lizardsnot?

• Valis
    Valis

duh, but when some claim that material is offensive the point is made...and all this talk of going to another website to post pics is ludicrous....Can't chase some away that easy... Simon never said that was out of bounds or was unacceptable. Only that is he thought the spiral was a bit eschew...I didn't hammer dutch for expressing the opinion, I merely pointed out that it might not be best here to start calling things immoral or otherwise. Some might come here and claim that speaking out against the WT is immoral, or claiming the bible is more myth than reality, or talking to apostates in general, or posting a pic where you might get to see a bit of the naughty bits...there is no difference.

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Valis, who are you talking to? I never mentioned that you all go to another forum!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Pierced, whats ENFP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit