Does Watchtower Society monitor this board?

by Quotes 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bonovox
    bonovox

Bah. Two words: WHO CARES?

If youre an xJW like me, you shouldnt give a rat's ass if the WTBS, FBI, CIA, MIA, NAACP, IOO, DEA, CPP, PLO, FLQ, whatever is monitoring this site, that is unless you are planning some terrorist activity or something.

If you still are a JW, maybe ya might not want to use yer real name? Use an anonymous handle and protect yerself...at the same time, what the heck are ya still doing 'in'?? LOL

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

what difference does it make if the monitoring is done on a "daily" basis, a "weekly" basis, or on a "as-needed" basis? It's not as if the information here disappears at the end of the day.......

again, a quote from Semonian, WTS spokesman in the above thread:

"...to 'readjust (the) thinking of those who post material critical of the religion on the web." "'This iswhat the Bible directs,' Semonian said 'If someone is causing dissension, we would meet with them--two elders (congregation leaders) usually--and discuss the matter. If indeed, he were causing dissension as the book of Eccliesiastes describes it, we'd readjust the man in a spirit of mildness. You'd calmly discuss it together so you can bring them back to their senses." (Emphasis added)

the Bible directs the WTS to "readjust the thinking" of critical posters on the web?...... when reading this article, you have to ask yourself, "how exactly would they "discuss" a matter with a anonymous poster?

Semonian then goes on to say that "they wouldn't disfellowship, they want to keep their members," or something to that effect......since when are "posters" on an apostate website members that the WTS is concerned with keeping?

as for a "non JW" monitoring....how helpful would this be?

Path, you mention that a paralegal could find a better job than the WTS.....of course they could, and most men could make better money than they do working for WT's printing press.......what's your point?...I thought you read the article, you were commenting on it........

Edited by - deddaisy on 10 June 2002 13:39:52

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

SO WHAT IF THEY DO -- QUEENIE IS GOOD AT GIVING THEM SOMETHING TO MONITOR ABOUT---I HOLD NO SECRETS not like they do!!!):):) he he he

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hii dedaisy:

Why do you believe that a non JW would not be a good monitor? In my opinion, it would actually be the best monitor the WTBTS could have. They would not have to involve their own people in reading apostate sites and if were put into the hands of professional strangers who promised confidentiality they would have nothing to worry about. A monitor could undergo training just like any other job so that he would know what to look for (just as an example) could be asked to write down congregations, states, countries. Unknowingly, perhaps, we actually give out a lot of information on this forum. In fact, an outsider could possibly present a more balanced opinion of what is happening in the "apostate world".

• Xander
    Xander

Ahem, the 'pictures' thread has had 14,000 views in 10 days, with only 20 pages of posts.

It's suspicious if nothing else that the threads that give personal details have SO MANY more views than those that don't. I mean, on the order of 100 to 1. That's suspicious.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

I just have to add this comment to the Watchtower Society's monitoring "yes- men,"

Your spokesman, Semonian, said:

"You'd calmly discuss it together so you can bring them back to their senses."

Isn't this a pre-determination on your part that this "member's" concern holds no validity, that his question is one of irrationality and pre-determined by you, to be without merit? Why bother "discussing" a member's "concern" if you've already determined that they need to be "brought back to their senses," before you've even heard what they have to say?

take your condescending self-righteousness and shove it...........

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

hi dutchie, I posted my last comment before I saw yours.....as for non-JWs monitoring, you said:

"A monitor could undergo training just like any other job so that he would know what to look for,.....congregations, states, countries......"

yes that's true, and may very well be.....a person that has never been around drugs could also be trained to work undercover busting crackhouses.....but why would you bother going to all the bother of "training" a "green" person when you have tons of "experienced" people that will most likely do it for free? I mean, "they'd be doing Jehovah's work......." anyway, can you imagine the "training?" It takes JWs years of brainwashing before they understand "hovie" talk.......and who would provide this training?

there would be no better person to trust with "apostate" information than a devout JW.....we all know you could wave the original paperwork from the U.N. under their noses and it would be nothing more than "apostate" trickery.....an outsider couldn't be trained to think like a JW..........besides that, I believe that the monitors "post," and only a JW could manage "damage control..."

I don't think they care about congregations.....I think they're interested in obtaining info on possible defenses and possible scandals.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

deddaisy, I hope I'm not beating a dead horse. Of course, the society has thousands of people they could use. But just remember the example of Barbara Anderson. She worked for the society and was privy to lots of inside information and through this information she began to see the truth about the "truth". They don't want that to happen again. It would be much better to train a disinterested outsider, who had no ties to the organization. They could then put an end to the gossip at Bethel about the apostate websites and have the sites monitored in one fell swoop. They would not have to learn everything about the organization, just the tone of the board and what the "big" news is. Just my opinion, by the way. You're probably right.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Here's my 2 cents worth:

I do believe they monitor this site; however, how much or how often doesn't matter to me. I believe this way because when I was a jw, in different congs. at different times in my life, I remember elders doing things like going to a bar/club to "check it out, to see if it's ok or bad", because some of their wives wanted to go out dancing. I remember hearing things like that time and again. They do check out the "worldly things" to "make sure they're bad, just like they read many, many things we are told not to in order to quote from them.

I personally don't let it affect me, because I'm at the place in my life that I don't care what they "think" they can do to me. I live my life how I want, not by their rules. I do realize though that there are many who still feel like they have to protect their identity. To each his own!

Becky

• D8TA
    D8TA

Ahem, the 'pictures' thread has had 14,000 views in 10 days, with only 20 pages of posts.

Oh, most of those "views" are mine, sorry 'bout that. Just so much "bad news" and pictures of war come across my way everday. It's nice to have a post that reminds me that there is still beauty in the world.

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit