Does Watchtower Society monitor this board?

by Quotes 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quotes
    Quotes

Farkel: was this high ranking bethel insider speaking of personal knowledge? Did they speak to you directly, or was this related to you by someone else?

Did a high ranking bethelit say, directly to you, in so many words:

"The WTBTS has a system whereby we monitor the WWW, including the discussion board JWD, Usenet, and other apostate sites, on a daily and ongoing basis. It is carried out in the basement of the Stanley Theatre, using dial-up AOL account for anonymity, and the information gathered is reported back to the GB and discussed on a weekly basis. The information thus gathered is considered by the Governing Body (right after nap-time, and before milk and cookies) and affects policy decsions, when necessary."

Is that what we're talking about here? It would imply that we have more pull than I thought. We should work to point out fallacies in the "no blood" doctrine, and get it changed. Let's make that the topic-of-the-month and save some more lives. Seriously!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: It would imply that we have more pull than I thought.

You're damn right!

Farkel

• AlanF
    AlanF

Farkel is correct. The Society specifically assigns monitors to this and other JW-critical boards. How often they do it, I don't know. Of course, there are other conduits of information as well.

AlanF

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Now you people have made me start to worry. Even the WTS can figure out my real name from my UserName here. Since I was once at Bethel, they have a file on me. They may have WTS secret agents sniffing around my neighborhood trying to do me harm. Oh my! What am I going to do?

Are there any twenty something, attractive, apostate females I could hide out with until the danger has passed. Please let me know. I can be packed and ready to leave in a minutes notice.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Farkel is correct. The Society specifically assigns monitors to this and other JW-critical boards. How often they do it, I don't know. Of course, there are other conduits of information as well.

I think determining the frequency and extent of their monitoring is significant. Selectively investigating a handful of possible copywrite infringement issues or high profile issues such as with the Silentlambs vigil etc. are quite different than a daily monitoring of this board and the corresponding paranoia that they are out to hunt down dissidents.

Personally, I can't see the WT in their arrogance being willing to admit that they *need* to monitor places like this daily. I can't see how any sane person could read this material daily and yet still remain a loyal JW.

Path

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

The XJW Boards are monitored by 'low level' paralegals in the Legal Dept. on a daily basis. This information was given to me by a senior figure in US Legal late last year. Beyond that I wil say no more.

What is far more interseting than that is the fact that people can expose themselves to so much damning information about their religion and still not be affected by it. Though they may feed the 'sheep' on a diet of, "These apostates speak nothing but lies". They know that this is untrue.

Rather reminds me of a Chinese scientist that I know, versed in mathematics and physics, and yet who severed a tree directly opposite the front door of his home to, in his words, "Stop the evil spirits entering'

Religion does strange things to peoples thinking processes.

HS

PS Simon - Well done this new interface is excellent.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Someone passed my wife a tape from the U.S., you know how these things are passed around.

It was dealing with the then recent J W victory in a court case in Russia, allowing the work to continue there.

An interesting comment by the senior American speaker was regarding the arguments put forward by their adversaries. He said that the points they made "Could have been taken off of any apostate website"

So surely they do monitor the net to be able to make that comment. And this is the best place to get an overview of what is going on.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I can't see how any sane person could read this material daily and yet still remain a loyal JW.

Job security. Plain and simple.

Farkel

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

The WT has been doing the "Do as we say, not as we do" for years now..

Where do you think they get their information for the Afake and Witchtower articles? They read books that are off limits to the R&F JW.. (Heck, they even joined the UN, and if we believe their 'official' claim, just to get the dirt on what the UN was doing so they could write on it in their mags)...

Of course, I believe they joined the UN for other reasons, like 'validating' their religious stance in some countries that are questioning their 'tax' status, but I digress

Their 'official' reason for joining the UN was so they could use their "library'... So, let's use their own admission as an example of what they do.. The R&F would be chastized if they used the "UN' Library..

If the WT (not the R & F, but insiders in Bethel) will stoop to using the UN's library for research, why wouldn't they monitor apostate web sites, like this?

That would be the smart thing for them to do...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Rather reminds me of a Chinese scientist that I know, versed in mathematics and physics, and yet who severed a tree directly opposite the front door of his home to, in his words, "Stop the evil spirits entering'

And has he been bothered since, Mr. Smartypants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit