Does Watchtower Society monitor this board?

by Quotes 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

: He's in the basement of the Stanley Theatre - he's on the inside pretending to be on the outside.

: I'm right... huh?... huh?... I knew it!!!!!!!

Yes, I AM in the basement of the Standley Theatre, but for a different reason. I'm trying to figure out how to steal and fence that $1,000,000.00 chandalier they have in the lobby. Even though $1,000,000.00 chandeliers were definitely created for the benefit of "Giving Glory to Jehovah," I figure Jehovah can get along without just one, paltry material possession he has.

Farkel

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

This is what a spokesman for the WTS had to say regarding monitoring the web:

"But David Semonian, spokesman for the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, admitted the group sometimes looks at the website "when necessary." He also said it attempts to "readjust (the) thinking" of those who post material critical of the religion on the web."

If that isn't proof enough.......This quote was taken from the first article in the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28456&site=3

How do you think they attempt to "readjust the thinking?" By simply monitoring?

Why in the world wouldn't legal monitor?

edited to add: Path, I'm surprised that you didn't recall that thread............

Edited by - deddaisy on 9 June 2002 23:33:46

• myself
    myself

Just in case they are monitoring .......

Well behaved women seldom make history.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

mmmheh. I'm of the opinion, based on reasonings listed here, that "they" probably *do* monitor "us."

with that in mind:

Hi, y'all! Mike Casey, here, 'member me? Eat yer hearts out.

SpiderMonkey

P.S. RUN, don't walk.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Farkel,read my first post on this thread.Quotes is pushing for names,dates and places.A set up is a set up.I don`t like it one dam bit!...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 10 June 2002 3:20:38

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

psssst, farkel...it is the Stanley Theater (theatre). On the QT here.

• Prisca
    Prisca

blows kisses to the WTS monitors......

• Quotes
    Quotes

OK, so now OUTLAW says my thread is a setup. BTW, here is your first post:

Why would you post,WBTS moniters this board?..Then ask us if WBTS moniters this board?Then ask us for evidence that WBTS moniters this board?If you already know WBTS moniters this board,then you already know the answers to your own questions.So why ask them?...OUTLAW

You have obviously missed my point entirely, so let me state it clearly:

On occasion, I myself have been guilty of propagating the unsubstantiated rumour regarding WTBTS monitoring JWD. But now I recognize that I was just parrotting what others have said on this topic, and in that sense am no better that a JW who repeats the rumour "Smurfs are demonized and walk out of KHs -- it's true, I heard it from someone at Bethel!"

I have lost my faith in the "WTBTS monitors JWD" doctrine, and am analysing it objectively.

Does that clarify my position for you?

I never pushed for names, dates, or places, although that certainly would be part of "reasonable proof". So far, all we have "someone high ranking in bethel said so."

The quote from the other thread is interesting, and it only claims "occasional" monitoring! We have also had the interesting suggestion that this work is farmed out to a third party, and that would certainly solve the "danger" aspect of having a Bethelite exposed to all this "apostacy". Maybe the truth is somewhere in there: a third party is occasionaly hired to monitor some websites. But that is a long way from "the borg monitors JWD daily".

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. And if you can't stand having your cherished doctrines checked for veracity without getting paranoid, go back to the Watchtower. -- Quotes
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

You'd almost think we're back in the WT given the reaction of some people to Quote's seeking evidence to back up the claims of some that the WT monitors this board daily. "Here Quotes is your answer and stop questioning it. Never mind PROOF... who needs that?" And then the implication that he might be a troll? Give me a break.

While it is most likely true that information has been relayed to respected posters here, and it is appreciated these people need to protect their sources, that doesn't constitute solid evidence that can be verified by others who are interested in the topic. Hey, people I respected told me I was going to live forever, but I was stupid not to have asked more questions sooner. By Quote's persistance, perhaps another person with verifiable facts might come forward.

You'd almost think that if JWs were assigned to monitor this place, that perhaps one might have defected and might make a post on the board he has been monitoring. And if they are a paralegal, surely they can find a better paying job outside of the WT, so I can't buy into the reasoning these people are "trapped" in their jobs.

Personally, I can't see any huge advantage the WT has in monitoring this place daily and I hardly think we discuss any "secrets" they don't already know or that they can't find out through other sources.

Paranoia over this is probably greatly exaggerated. Obviously it makes good sense not to give away any real secrets or tactical plans in a public environment, but if you are your average JOE Apostate I don't think there is much to be concerned with.

Sure the Dateline thing was a problem for them and the UN thing raised a few eyebrows and the blood dilemma is a constant thorn in the side, but the day to day affairs of "apostates" are probably pretty low on their agenda. They are destructing from within and I think we are more often just offering a commentary on the breakdown than actively contributing to it.

Path

• Room 215
    Room 215

Of course they monitor this site! Why wouldn't they? If you know that people, many of whom pretend to be your friends and supporters, are talking about you and comparing notes about you behind your back under the cloak of anonymity, and most of it is scathing, how could you possibly resist peeking? An old friend with whom I served at Bethel and was later moved to the writing department, told me that the Society hasa little library shelf with the entire roster of anti-JW publications available for examination by authorized persons.

Believe me, they read and fret impotently about how pervasive the groundwell of restiveness, impatience and disillusionment is growing amongst the rank and file. I'm sure they see the sense in the old Sicilian adage: ``keep your friends close and your enemies closer still.''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit