Does Watchtower Society monitor this board?

by Quotes 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Dang I like these new improved quotes! (even when they're misused)

To quote my daughter:

sweet

Edited by - SixofNine on 9 June 2002 13:36:7

Edited by - SixofNine on 9 June 2002 13:37:9

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

And has he been bothered since, Mr. Smartypants?

lol...Well not exactly but his wife did have an affair with the gardner who cut down the tree.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 9 June 2002 13:40:17

• patio34
    patio34

Hey Simon, this is such an innovation, your new interface with the formatting possibilities!! Thanks!

As far as Beans' side of the argumentation goes, what comes to my mind is Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Why would they leave such a valuable source of information untouched? It only seems logical to me to know your enemies well. Plus, we probably give them no end of ideas for articles in their rags.

When i was a JW and reading the mags reg'ly, i used to wonder where they'd get the quotations of disgruntled people from; e.g. "The meetings are a boring repetition," and "some seemingly have put a deadline on how long they'll serve Jehovah," etc. Well, this place and others like it would be a fount of info.

As far as proving it, that's not likely. Otherwise, it'd be too difficult to spy. It seems to me to just follow logical rationale to the reasonable conclusion: it IS monitored.

Additionally, there are some very credible statements from Farkel, AlanF, and HillaryStep, that add heavy weight to the conclusion it is monitored.

So, there you have it: they have the motive, the opportunity, evidence from the speedy reaction to the UN debacle, and expert witness evidence (tho not eyewitnesses). However, it doesn't seem logical that they do it simply to df people, but more to keep their finger on the pulse of the enemy.

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 9 June 2002 13:47:41

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Quotes:

"The WTBTS has a system whereby we monitor the WWW, including the discussion board JWD, Usenet, and other apostate sites, on a daily and ongoing basis. It is carried out in the basement of the Stanley Theatre"

You really got me there, ROFLMAO and all that! To think I attended 3 Gilead Grads & never knew what was happening directly underneath my very own arse!

SpiderMonkey

• Quotes
    Quotes

Sorry I stepped out there and missed some of the posts -- it was way too nice a day to stay inside today!

Thanks for all your input everybody. So far the closest we are to finding out The Truth (TM) about this is hillary_step saying someone in legal knows about it.

I would like to analyse this a bit more: did this person have first hand knowledge, or where they repeating what they had heard? Maybe there is something like this, but the exact nature has been misinterpreted. Rather than monitoring everything here, all the time, what if they spend their time looking for copyright violations (e.g. Pay Attention book)? Just a thought.

As for the elder talking about the "Russian Issue" and comparing it to apostate websites -- his comments could have been his own musings, from web sites he personally stumbled accross (no pun intended) and does not prove a constant, ongoing monitoring of this or any other site.

P.S. For the record, I'm not Beans (but we are good friends). I don't know why everyone keeps confusing us! Probably because he is my publicity agent (damn, there I go sounding like Rutherford... yuck) for my website, and a great friend, but we are two different people. Just ask Beans, he could KICK MY ASS in hockey, among other sports.

P.P.S. If you Bethelite monitors are out there reading this, warm Christian Greetings to you! Too bad you are inside (in the basement of the Stanley Theatre ) reading this... today is a beautiful day to be outside! Oh well, at least you get to use the internet and surf to apostate websites, most of your Brothers and Sisters don't have this privlege.

• Panda
    Panda

Okey dokey so now we know that someone who knows someone told them who told us.

I sincerely hope the bORG tower watches and reads apostate websites. Sooner or later those who monitor will spill the beans to their folks back home or their local cong or girlfriend or boyfriend. Who would be able to keep this information inside, the human need is to share the secret with SOMEBODY.

Sometimes it takes more than just one instance of WTS lies to budge the borg induced sensitivities. All of us know so many guys who left Bethel service because they were tired of the garbage and double standards.

Why would they be at the Stanely theater and not Patterson?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Why do you think that the society would allow one of their own to monitor these boards? If I were them I would get someone outside of the organization who has no vested interested in anything that takes place within the organization or on the apostate discussion boards. To them it would be just a job.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

(I know something you don't know! Na, na, na, na, na!)

• Farkel
    Farkel

Quotes,

: would like to analyse this a bit more: did this person have first hand knowledge, or where they repeating what they had heard? Maybe there is something like this, but the exact nature has been misinterpreted.

I think you should just back off on your questions. Certain things cannot be said publicly and I don't know you well enough to tell you anything privately. Those who really know what is going on are not going to give you any more information, so I suggest you just drop it and believe what you want.

The WTS either monitors this site and sites like this or it doesn't. 'Nough said.

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know! I know!

It's Farkel

He's in the basement of the Stanley Theatre - he's on the inside pretending to be on the outside.

I'm right... huh?... huh?... I knew it!!!!!!!

Bwaaahahahahaaaaaahhahahaaaaaaaahahahaha

Sorry Farkel I just couldn't help myself --- Really - wanna buy some swampland?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit