What is truth?

by Heisenberg 114 Replies latest jw friends

• mf6
    mf6

Heisenberg said:

Most Christian religions accept that you can commit fornication, adultery, homosexuality, etc and remain a Christian even without repentance. It is accepted.

While there are some that might say this, "most" is probably an overgeneralization.  In many Christian groups, especially the more conservative groups, this is absolutely untrue.  Saying "It is accepted" is wrong.  Please remind yourself that just because the Watchtower says something doesn't make it true.

• Twitch
    Twitch

My greatest growth occurred after researching (and dismissing) the Bible, then went on to Taoism and Zen Buddhism thoughts.  The thing I took to heart most about eastern thought was that I don't have to be right, I don't have to know everything, and I don't even have to embrace all of the eastern beliefs in order to benefit from the wisdom I do accept.

It is a fascinating train of thought to ride...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Heisenberg the anointed Jehovah Witnesses when I was a witness claimed to be the faithful and discreet slave class. In one publication they referred to themselves I believe as Gods mouthpiece. As the faithful slave their responsibilities were to give out the spiritual food. They also make up a government part of the 144000. Ambassadors for Christ. Do you think they have no responsibility for the effect their teachings have on the sheep?

Its impossible to please God without faith. Surely we should have had faith in what we were preaching as good news that came from this mouthpiece and our works demonstrate that faith I thought.

So I see my responsibility for my decisions in life from this perspective. Maybe my view is wrong.

• jhine
    jhine

Heisenberg , here is the information that you asked for . The latest figures that I have are from The Wycliffe Global Alliance (henceforth WGA )  . At the end of 2014 by their efforts the Bible had been translated fully into 531 languages and partially into 2883 languages . The latest translation was into Inuktitut (one of the principal languages of the Inuit of Canada , native speakers 34,000 . ) 

On their home page they describe themselves as an organization of more than 100 Participating Organizations . Personnel from these organizations serve in 93 countries . Where they cannot work in a particular country they partner with expat communities from those countries . 

That is just one initiative to take the Word of God global and is inclusive of any denomination which wishes to help . 

I noticed that you made no comment on the Bible passages regarding false prophets .

I have no wish to attack you or upset you , but I will not let the falsehoods spun by the Watchtower go unchecked . Much of what they say about Christendom is false , I have been a member of the Anglican church for 40 years and know what I am talking about . 

Many on this site know that my mantra is CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF .  Do not just take my word and do not just believe the Watchtower on any subject . Do some independant research .

Jan 

• jhine
    jhine

Eden One , excellent post.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    marked
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Truth is relative to the times and circumstances in all cases. Like colors, truth has many shades/variations of the same thing.

Definitely complicated.🤔

DY

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is truth?

Image result for Cold Beer..Image result for beef dip sandwich......Image result for women in Canadian flag bikini

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In truth I missed this thread the first time round, but truth be told it remains true whether I comment on it or not.

"I've looked at life from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all".

• jhine
    jhine

Fisherman , thanks for finding this thread , I was on about those statistics on another thread the other day , but couldn't remember where they were .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit