What is truth?

by Heisenberg 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yes, I was a Witness you misunderstood.

Ok.

Fisherman, I used the word guessing because you made reference to doing a puzzle and using a pencil so that the answer could be erased which suggested that it was a guess and you were not sure.

Nothing to do with penciling in crossword puzzles.

I believe that I have made my point.

damages faith.

Seems to me that you have concluded that JW are not who they proclaim they are. Did I misunderstand? At this point is where someone decides he wants to part ways from JW, ok.

But getting back to my source post to begin with, which is a response to an article with a supporting scripture authored by WT and posted on this thread, which challenges the attitudes of people who decide for themselves what is morally right and wrong, - which is what our discussion is all about and not about whether the WT Bible interpretations are right and wrong in their Bible interpretations or whether it is wrong not to understand the Bible correctly and teach and apply a bible understanding later shown not to be true- and accuses the WT of sharing in this attitude, there is no proof the WT has ever shared in any of this attitude and your entire argument in our discussion is to show that the WT has been wrong in their teaching about "the end" and that is why the related article applies to WT -so you conclude. But i disagree and I have shown that there is nothing morally wrong with the WT believing and teaching that "the end" is coming and it is not the same as having the immoral attitude shown in the scripture from Isaiah they reference in their article. I have nothing more to say about this point.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

which is what our discussion is all about and not about whether the WT Bible interpretations are right and wrong in their Bible interpretations or whether it is wrong not to understand the Bible correctly and teach and apply a bible understanding later shown not to be true- and accuses the WT of sharing in this attitude, there is no proof the WT has ever shared in any of this attitude and your entire argument in our discussion is to show that the WT has been wrong in their teaching about "the end" and that is why the related article applies to WT -so you conclude.

This was my first post responding to something you said.

Ucantnome17 hours ago
    But JW have done no wrong in adjusting their beliefs in light of facts and clearer understanding. The Bible is written in the form of an ironic poem crossword puzzle and there is nothing bad or wrong in not understanding it all but trying to solve. If you have ever done a crozzword puzzle you know that you have to write with a pencil.

When I have done a crossword puzzle or some other puzzle it was a bit of fun my life didn't depend on getting it right. I viewed being a JW and what we were preaching as much more important than puzzles.

This thread is What is truth?

The Good News 'includes all the truths about which Jesus spoke and his disciples wrote.' (Insight) so my comments about what has been preached are not out of place on this thread or in responding to your post.

Witnesses come to my door and tell me the same message. I believe in Christ and his teachings but differ on 1914 so according to the Watchtower I quoted, my family and I have no hope of salvation. I have shown you and you admit they have changed their teachings when time has shown them to be wrong all though they have claimed great things and you think this is morally right. I don't agree. The Good News should not be changed. That is my view.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    This is a great thread on "what is truth" good Sunday reading otherwise go out side and have some fun. Its a great Sunday morning where I live. Time to go kayaking.
  • Tenacious
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    coherent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit