My Parents have gone FULL CULT MODE! Having a job is SATANIC!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Any conversation you have with them is likely to be very uncomfortable but failing to have an honest conversation about their planning for the future and whether that should adversely affect your own future and those of your own family is ultimately going to hurt them more in the long run.

Yes, and this is easier said than done, but don't wait until they are running out of money and turning to you before you inform them that you can't help them out with financial support. They need to know that now, or soon.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That sucks!! They are delusional. Why don't they put in applications to work at Warwick?? You should just encourage them to go All in.

In JW world, when something goes wrong or you make a dumbass choice, it's Satan. When another cult member bails you out, it's Jehovahs provision. They can huddle in their basements and all live together in a spiritual paradise!

DD

• Simon
    Simon

They need to know that now, or soon.

Yes, they may have more of a financial plan than you realise - but you're "it" !

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is almost unbelievable. I can understand someone who is twenty having that kind of mindset, but come one, they are old enough to know that Jehovah doesn't always provide. I am about that age, even as a JW I knew I had to plan for retirement, I didn't want to end up in subsidized housing, living on social security. I suppose they will be looking for help from you when the inevitable happens.

• steve2
    steve2

Get disfellowshipped and they won't be able to touch you with a barge pole. I can see it now: Your poor Mom and Dad in a few years time, homeless, out on the street (but this time not for witnessing), destitute, empty tummies with their crimplene clothing at their sides for meetings. Brothers and sisters too busy pioneering to help them. And you passing by so wanting to help but snubbed. Oh the irony. It's moments like these you realize the organization both causes and solves some problems. Son, you're well and truly off the hook.

• laverite
    laverite

They absolutely have Plan B: You. Jehovah will move your heart to financially support them in their efforts to serve the one true God through their full-time pioneering efforts.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He told me that he feels it is THE DEVIL offering him this job

Ironically, "Satan" seems to be the only one helping a person (JW or non-JW) to better themselves. All Jehovah seems to offer is unemployment and unfulfilled hopes and dreams.

JWs sure love their do-nothing god.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "It's moments like these you realize the organization both causes and solves some problems."

What problems does it solve?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

so maybe ask your parents if they enjoy 'reaping' the benefits of the governments resources [food stamps, social securtiy] so they can free load. how are they getting medical? I dont see my husband retiring at least till hes 70, the way its going these days.

have they no pride? there are people viewing them as being lazy. do they want a reputation of being freeloading lazy adults?

so, it goes like this, your dad works, and mom goes in service, whats the problem? sound to me like

they dont want to work. they are too young for that attitude of being lazy. they want to free load off thier families and freinds incomes and 'gifts' ?

yes they look to you as being thier support system, the bible tell us that parents are to do what they can for thier chldren,

like teaching them to be self sufficiant. what sort of example are they setting?

the apostles worked .

If my parents were to act that way, id send in My letter of resignation, because ill be damned if They are going to monopolize my life taking care of them till they die and IM HALF DEAD. because they wont work and prepare fpr thier retirement.

then tell them this, they are still celebrating memorial,? so jesus hasnt come yet, they got time.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just guessing but at your parents age (late 50's) they are burned out and looking for any excuse not to have to work anymore. Your Dad has tasted the good life, not working and getting benefits and doesn't want to go back to the old grind. Your Mom probably likes having him around or at least having someone to Pioneer with. They probably enjoy the status of being Pioneers as well. JW's are the only ones who can be hero's among their peers for being charity cases. I'd say they are using Pioneering as a means to step off the 9 to 5 treadmill.

If you're smart, you won't enable them by bailing them out financially if they are turning down jobs. When you were a teen they probably wouldn't hand you money if you were just loafing around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit