My Parents have gone FULL CULT MODE! Having a job is SATANIC!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

1 Thes 4:11,12

11 Make it your aim to live quietly + and to mind your own business + and to work with your hands, + just as we instructed you, 12 so that you may walk decently in the eyes of people outside + and not need anything.

best scripture for all those that use the system to pioneer.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The CO's that have advised them will be long gone, and the congregation that applauded them will tell them they have family (you) and you should now pay for them.

Splash- I might sound heartless here, but so be it. I WILL NOT support someones pioneer lifestyle as they WILLFULLY turn down viable employment. Its not my problem. Since I followed the WT guidelines, I can barely make ends meet right now for me and my family. I can not and WILL not support anyone else.

You should write them a letter, and keep a copy for the day that will inevitably arrive when their straits become more dire.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Jehovah will provide for sure. Through some sort mental power (as he did with King David when he lift the census) Jehovah will control your mind and tell you to support your parents. You may think that you are doing a good deed but no credit goes to you. It's all Jehovah.

You have to bring some reality to your parents. It's your duty since you are the mature person in the family and likely the most affected by their irresponsible behavior.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

i would always go to the diner for coffee and an egg sanwish every day . for years. and this bum would beg me for food. one day i bought him coffee and ham egg an cheese. He told me I never wanted food I wanted $$$ waiting for the Liquor store to open to get some wine He handed me back the food and I dumped the coffee on the street and crushed the sandwish with my foot. liariing bastards I will not give jw's a dime .. lazy bastards

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Same like my parents. This is easy: Reality will teach them a lesson. Hard, but true.

My parents also live in extreme poverty (after donating and pioneering for years, same as my sisters). The only difference is I'm a Apostate and they are to proud to call me and ask for anything. I can see that Jokebar is not providing for them. Neither Satan offering jobs. They are both on the golf course laughing their asses off.

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

'He that does not provide for his family is worse than a man without faith.' 'Any man that does not work, should not eat.'

The society must have changed a lot since I left. No way would the local elders have stood by and watched a family fall in to finantial ruin. He would have been praised for his zeal while at the same time brought up to speed in double-quick time on where his responsibilites lay.

Im talking of the early 70s when people were selling homes to pioneer ( That was around 100 hours a month as well ). For all that took that path the message was clear: 'You are on your own'. But 1975 was written in stone and the 'future' only extended a handful of years.

Ive not attended a meeting since forever yet the 'no work, no eat' message still stands out and expecting the congregation to support you was a no-no.

Either the local elders have no balls or simply dont know the principals here, I cant say.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe Steve2 meant that the Org creates a vacuum and then fills it? It's a typical method of ensuring job security or making yourself appear valuable.

DD

• flipper
    flipper

BU2B- Sorry to hear that your paents are being so unreasonable about just earning a living. It's criminal how the WT Society guilts these people into putting WT Society interests first and foremost and reality in a distant second. It's ruined so many lives when people like your parents are mind controlled through guilt and fear.

You mentioned " is it any different if dad's an elder " ? Well- yes- from a couple of angles . Angle No.1 is seeing how he IS considered in the JW organization to be the " head " of his family he is expected to provide materially for himself and your mom. ( your mom should help out as well - but the WT Society has created a number of JW females who don't believe in secular work just being arm candy for JW elders so that they don't have to work so they can pioneer. My JW ex-wife was like that. I was sole provider for 19 years )

Point no.2 is that if your dad serves as an elder - he probably thinks he " knows it all " and he's appointed allegedly by " holy spirit " and you aren't going to convince him of anything, because he feels that in being an elder " he has all the answers ". I go through this constantly with my 87 yr.old elder dad who is stubborn as a mule and anything I say goes in one ear and out the other to him.

Bottom line is all of these JW's - your parents included - are SOOOO...... superstitious that it's really hard to reach them once their cult controlled minds are made up. They feel like martyrs sacrificing earning a living so they can knock on doors for " Jesus " and the WT Society. Unless the elders can convince him - your parents are probably going to keep messing themselves over financially. You can explain to them that they are being unreasonable and tell them you won't support their laziness in not acquiring employment. Hang in there, I know it's hard to watch

• Island Man
    Island Man

BU2B, My advice to you is to talk to the elders in their congregation. Let the elders know that they have become unbalanced. Let the elders know that they are refusing work that is necessary to meet their needs - work that still allows them to attend all their meetings and pioneer - while their savings are quickly dwindling! Tell the elders about your Father's crazy comment about the job opportunity being from Satan. Hopefully the elders will offer them some counsil on the need to be more "balanced".

• game1914over
    game1914over

Marking this thread!

I tell you, mind control is something else! I feel very bad for your parents. If you do not work, how are you expected to attain basic survival? Wasn't Jesus a carpenter? Come on.

The self-righteousness is out of the ballpark with a lot of witnesses! I grew up in a congregation with about 65% pioneers -- guess why? They were well off individuals in South Orange county who could AFFORD to do it! Most witnesses have the totally wrong view about pioneering and put themselves in bad situations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit