My Parents have gone FULL CULT MODE! Having a job is SATANIC!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Are your parents close to social security age?

• BU2B
    BU2B

If that is 62 they have a few years to go.

• steve2
    steve2

Parents - who'd have them? They are a constant worry - won't listen to reason and they bang on with their stupid pursuits oblivious to what else is out there beyond their too-narrow confines. They sound like normal parents to me. They provide you with a perfect model about how you will not live out your days on this earth.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Great comment Steve. You're right. My parents are 62 and my dad has another eight years of work left. I refuse to be in that same situation.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Let me be clear. They are getting older, have NO PLAN long term or short term other than pioneering.

Oh thats ok, because once they run into financial distress they can simply apply to the Watchower program in place to assist pioneers in financial distress. Oh wait....that's right. It doesn't exist.

Well i guess they will simply have to turn to evil disgusting organizations like the red cross and salvation army. Seems like the devil is always willing to help.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Wow! This is insane! Sounds like yo need to have a very serious conversation with the, letting them know that you are NOT their "provision", you're just keeping your own family's heads above water! Others have given what I beleive to be some very astute talking points, along with scripture and a very good analogy from walls.

Can you find the scripture that been-there mentioned? If you can find that one, along with a couple others to make your point, maybe it will help. What about the one, I believe it is in Psalms(?), that speaks about all that a woman does?

Hope you can wake them up fast! Maybe a flow chart of money in/money out, you ain't got none, you need some income, would help?

Hope this works out for you!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You wanna know whats really satanic???

Breathing!

Think about it all these soo called witnesses going around breathing in the air of this system of things. What are they thinking they are allowing satan's polluted air into their lungs and body both literally and spiritually.

DO NOT BE MISLED God is one to be mocked, all of these billions of people firmly putting themselves in defiance of his will by continuing to willingly breathe in satans poisonous air. Also it shows a lack of faith in jehovah's provisions to save his people.

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

Wow, that is very unbalanced thinking. They are about our age and I can't imagine turning down work if we didn't have any. I can't imagaine what he is trying to sell will bring in much money and in no time there will be nothing left to sell. He will have to face it soon I am afraid. I do like the suggestion that you talk to an elder. It must be painful to watch your parents make such terrible decisions when he was offered his old job back. The WTBTS won't care once they use up their money and have nothing, they will never help someone in need.

• Been_There_Done_That
    Been_There_Done_That

Proverbs 13:22 "A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children" How much clearer can it be. My in-laws joke about dieing owing money.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Hmm yes I think maybe the if the eldubs knew the situation they might be inclined to say he should take up a job. I know it's none of their business but if you can use them to benefit you it's worth it.

We had a couple in our hall who both wanted to pioneer but the husband wasn't working and claiming benefits, she had a part time job but it wasn't enough for them both to live on. The eldubs told him he could not pioneer until he could support his family and that he needed to get a job. Think they said something about that scripture "a man who doesn't provide for his family is worse than a man without faith" not sure what scripture that is though! The only reason I know this is because she was a good friend of mine.

I totaly agree with you about not supporting them b****r that! Families eh?! Anyway hope the situation improves for you soon :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit