My Parents have gone FULL CULT MODE! Having a job is SATANIC!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

tell him this joke....

A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

In fact, I am pretty sure I heard a JW version of this once at a CA

you could argue that this is Jah's way of telling him he was too hasty in his decision and this will allow his wife to pioneer and him to get his finances in order so he can join her later.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If he was an auto mechanic, then he'd be fixing cars. The more cars we have on the road, the cheaper buying a car becomes. And, lots of witlesses need to buy cars and have their cars fixed. So, why isn't he being an mechanic again?

This religion screws the humble, rank & file members the most. Now, do you think Mrs. Jackson has given up all income from her children singing at dirty night clubs, making bad songs like Thriller? No, that's her income. She isnt' giving it up to be an independent, God fearing woman. What about the William's sisters? Think they are giving up competitive tennis & wearing teeny skirts showing off their gorgeous physique to pioneer? Hell no.

I think your parents are depressed, and not getting a job is curative for them . . . as well as pioneering.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good points. Maybe I should bring out that scripture where it says, "he gave SOME as evangelizers, SOME as Sheperds and teachers" I could say Maybe Gods path for him is to be a sheperd, and to be a provider like the Bible commands.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Going all-in with a pair of threes.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I once had a CO that had been an auto mechanic, he was a harsh german brother. He left the circuit work to care for aging parents. After they died he wanted back in but was rejected.

This long time CO was now looking for work as a mechanic again. Was it Satan that did this to him?

• sporece
    sporece

Have known many witnesses that have "put kingdom first" now in their sixties they are living in a mobile home, which there is nothing wrong with that, but receiving food stamps and section 8 here in California where the state helps you with your rent.

Who is paying for all of that? WE ARE and not their God.

• Been_There_Done_That
    Been_There_Done_That

BU2B, I have a similar situation with my Mother and Father-in-law. One is unemployed and out of unemployment compensation, the other is under-employed only working a few days a week as a mechanic as he has been a mechanic all his life. They sold their house and are trying to get into government housing. But besides the many months auxiliary pioneering they also go to quick builds like they are eating breath mints.

My wife called all tearfull and crying a few weeks back saying that her parents didn't have money for food. We have tried to financially helped them before, but soon found out it was a bottomless pit, and that if given money outright they would donate some to WTBTS and some they used for gas to go out in service. We have taken a resolute stand not to give money until their attitude changes. When we gave money, they were appreciative to us but to everyone else Jehovah provided and got the credit.

When I resigned I did it on the "I'm working out of town to support my family and the Bible says if you don't provide materially for your family you are worse than an unbeliever" and that I know I don't meet the qualifications any longer.

I've got two brothers working at Warwick NY for free that have the entitlement attitude and probably could benefit from applying Anthony Morris III council of getting their head out of bed and getting to work on time. They are also just waiting for Mom to die for their inheritance. I'm in the real world working 66-84 hours every week and my wife is working also, but we are making ends meet with not too much left over.

• KateWild
    KateWild

BU2B,

This is some crazy stuff you're having to deal with. You parents should be a good example and showing you what they have planned for their retirement. It's a shame that they seem miserable and pioneering. But maybe it will take extreme poverty for thwm to realise it's time to leave.

I bet they look around at all the elderly in the cong, struggling to make ends meet, hopefully they will wake up. It really is frustrating to see good people suffer at the hands of this cult.

Kate xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You know what? I think elders might agree with you that your parents are being unreasonable, BU2B. Sorry I'm not familiar with your situation w.r.t. the religion, but could you get an elder or two to talk to your parents? They can show some scriptures to your parents (like the one about 'counting the cost') that will encourage them to be more balanced. Coming from the elders, this advice might turn the mentality of "Satan wants me to go back to work" over to "Jehovah is telling me to go back to work". Your dad isn't going to get work offers for much longer if he's in his late 50s.

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit