My Parents have gone FULL CULT MODE! Having a job is SATANIC!

by BU2B 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some JWS are so deeply delusional that big Jah is going to come one day and save themselves from getting

old or even thinking about having to economically support themselves.

Another dangerous detrimental aspect to the JW cult.

I've known many JWS including people in my own family who thought they would never get old .

Thanks all to the extraneous mental indoctrination by the Watchtower Corporation.

• Mum
    Mum

Your parents are a classic case of the saying that "Truth is stranger than fiction!" I wonder if it would be Satanic to rent out a room in their house to bring in some income without working. I'm actually sitting here getting tense over their total disregard for reality and the consequences of their bizarre "thinking."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Look its obvious that some JWS parents want their children to become better and bigger JWS as toward pioneering or becoming a MS or Elder,

to do so brings these people/parents enormous pride and bragging rights.

Unfortunately people who are mentaly ingrained with religious doctrines that say god is coming soon so don't be concerned about

education or a career are putting themselves in a very dangerous and deliberating predicament.

• BU2B
    BU2B

My parents delusions are not my problem. If that makes me a bad person, I really dont care. I will help them however I can, but they will not move in, nor wiill I give them money. I view it like giving money to a junkie. I am trying to fade and have not been out in field service for months. Last Saturday, I explained some of the reasons to my wife. I told her that I feel uncomfortable teaching things to people as facts that I am unsure of, or are not true. I gave her the examples of a global flood, with some details why, the tower of Babel being built 100 years after and why it is impossible, and how 144000 cannot be a literal number. She already knows my issues with the blood doctrine. My point was that I cannot teach things that I do not believe to be true. At the end, she understood somewhat and did not know what to say. We are still on good terms, and I attend most meetings so far. I know that sooner or later she may want me to speak to the elders so that they can help me with my doubts. She does not view me as a raving apostate, but as someone who is "trying". If she asks me to go to them, I plan to agree and share similar reasons for my inactivity with them. They may not care about the flood stuff, but when I talk about the 144,000 thing or Blood issue they may move for the DF. I hope they do. Nothing so far has truly broken through to my wife but me getting DF for trying to "get help" for some doubts may be what she needs to see how cruel and bizzare this group is. It has worked for others.

My point? I cannot have Die hard JW parents around to counteract my plans. I cannot have them indoctrinating my kids on a higher level.

We are not in a position to help them if we wanted to. My whole childhood I never was given money or many gifts or anything else. When I was in highschool, I couldnt even get decent clothes or sneakers unless I worked for them, so I got a paper route. They gave me 5 dollars a week when I was 16! I am not affluent now, in fact my wife is thinking of picking up extra work on top of the daycare she co-owns. We have 2 kids, work full time, are very busy and tired. I dont have thousands or even hundreds to give even if I wanted to.

My whole childhood, EVERY assembly was talked about as maybe being the last one on the car ride home, I remember him saying that Bill Clinton would usher in the GT, I wont make it to High school, get married, have kids etc. He was and is still the #1 person for scouring the news looking for ways the WT interpretation of Bible prophecy is coming true. My parents recently told me that the reason they never had anymore kids is because they thought the end was so near in the early 90s. Looking back at the literature from that time, along with the Generation teaching, its not hard to see how gullibe people who think God is speaking through the GB could be fooled. He actually got excited by the announcement that the toes on Daniels Image mean nothing! That should give some Idea He never planned for retirement because there was NO WAY the system could have lasted this long. Its the mentality I was raised around. Its 2014 and no Armageddon is apparent. Steve Lett talks about JWbroadcast being used in the YEARS ahead! If they were students of WT history, they would have taken the "END IS NEAR" pronouncements with a grain of salt.

I dont mean to sound mean, but they will reap what they have sown. I do not think they will want to live with an "apostate" anyways. I will help them apply for public assistance, find jobs, etc but they must take responsibility. I cannot bear their heavy burden. I will not let the WT f*&k me over this way too.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Stand your ground, BU2B and don't compromise for the sake of your own wife and kids. As an almost born in (my mother converted when I was around 2 years old) I have seen what this religion does to people. It makes the mentally and emotionally unstable and vulnerable WORSE! My mother NEVER EVER planned for the future and pissed away every dollar that came her way. Even on her deathbed in the year 2000,she thought that Armageddon was only a few weeks away and if she just held on she would live to see the New System. My sisters and I supported her for her entire life and she was given money by her parents until they both died. She worked a few years as a bus driver, a few years in a factory and a few years as a cashier. When her mother and great aunt died she got an inheritance of between $70,000.00 to $95,000.00 and that money was gone within a few years. After she died I found out that she was about $14,000.00 in debt because the credit card companies were trying to sue me for payment! In my opinion, there are many Jehovahs Witnesses that are very UNSTABLE and they are like a drowning person; if you get too close to them they will pull you down with them! ( Please don't take offense......I don't know your parents and I am only relating what happened to me.)

• game1914over
    game1914over

Your parents remind me of other parents in my former congregation who have been servants since the 1960s. I made a statement about 5 years ago regarding something that I planned to do in 2012. You would not believe the crazy look I got before a sister said "Do you absolutely think this world will still be here in 2012? Please!" She then laughed at me with a sarcastic look like I was a complete idiot. That was around 2009. Since then, her divorced adult daughter and grandchild has moved in with her in a tiny 1-bedroom apartment.

• sir82
    sir82

He was and is still the #1 person for scouring the news looking for ways the WT interpretation of Bible prophecy is coming true.

Somehow, this strikes me as the saddest, most pathetic part of the whole debacle.

It strikes me as not unlike Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind", scouring the newspapers, circling meaningless trivia, because it just might be some sort of code that confirms his paranoid delusions.

• BU2B
    BU2B

If they end up in a studio apartment in the ghetto I will be sad, but that is the wages of delusion. The end of the system has been "months" away and a "few years at most" for 100 years. I think the young JWs today will be planning much more for the future than any prior generation.

• BU2B
    BU2B

They hve got to be depressed growing older and older and poorer and poorer in 2014! If someone told them in the 80s or even on 9-11 that armageddon wouldnt be here yet, they would have called you a faithless person that needs immediate spiritual help!

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

I don't think your being mean at all BU2B, I would be exactly the same way if it was my parents. You make your own bed at the end of the day....

As for you dad being an elder I think he should be setting an example for the congregation and if he can't support himself and your mum he is failing to live by bible standards. It is def worth going to someone about it and explaining exactly whats going on. If it backfires in some way then at least you tried and it show's up the whole body of elders in the end for being craven and not being scriptual or following bible counsel.

Another thought I had was with regards to the unemployment benefits they are receiving. I'm not sure how it works in America but here in the UK if you turn down a job in your chosen field of work or after a certain period of unemployment ANY job offer your benefit will be cut off. I know it's very underhand but could you let them know your dad has been turning down excellent job offers in his line of work? Just an idea, it's prob a different system altogether where you are but thought I would just mention it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit