Zone Visit: An Announcement That Will "Test Your Faith"

by breakfast of champions 443 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Credit card donations accepted.

Is that NEW in the US? In Europe it has been done for years and years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Credit card donations accepted.

Is that NEW in the US? In Europe it has been done for years and years.

I didn't say it was new, matey. It was the chairman's concluding admonition in the scenario of the play.

Mind you, the feckers never got anything from my credit card. They sucked the very life out of me instead. Well, at least becoming an elder opened my eyes to the filth that is within the WBT$.

Tally ho and sally forth.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My personal opinion:

Definitely not any doctrinal change. That crap changes at the annual mtg.

I think this has something to do with MONEY.

LOSTGENERATION might be onto something as far as tithing. Perhaps the US zone will be accorded the "privilege" of being the first in the world where they will test this new pilot program for tithing, although they won't use the word "tithing." They'll have invented some Watchtower Newspeak word for it.

But what about that Russell quote about soliciting funds? some may ask.

Russell Schmussell. He was never the FDS anyway.

Or. . . .

This could have something to do with the whole Kingdom Hall building racket. . . .

Just like Spain got a letter stating Halls will be shut down and consolidated, perhaps they will announce "We have the privilege to inform you that after taking all of your congregations funds, we are now dissolving your congregation, selling your hall, and sending you to a different hall an hour away."

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I expect the Borg are creating a fund for future abuse settlements and will be selling as much of their new found real estate as soon as possible.

The Catholic church according to the Jay Report says "there were approximately 10,667 reported victims (younger than 18 years) of clergy sexual abuse between 1950 and 2002". Now I am sure that figure is too low for many reasons.. but if the WTBS has one percent this number of possible claims for damages I am sure they will be preparing a slush fund ready for any future claims.

Whilst preaching the end is near, the WTBS has it seems always had a good long term view for financial management. This requirement for liquid funds may well have been a driver behind their latest money grab. What do you think?

• Heaven
    Heaven

It would be awesome if they told them that Armageddon is not coming. Now THAT would be cool.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blue Oyster Cult -

But what about that Russell quote about soliciting funds? some may ask.

Russell Schmussell. He was never the FDS anyway.

Yes. Interesting they got rid of him from their family tree. Now they can dismiss all he ever said. Probably apart from Leviathan being a train from Hoboken...that makes sense!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I bet it concerns $$$ or something to do with various forms of witnessing and who qualifies. I agree with Old Hippie, it would be unlikely to release new light at a branch visit. Even though it's unlikely, that doesn't mean it can't happen. ANYTHING can happen! Jehoobers Chariot ( passage of time/lawsuits/real estate/dwindling youth/dying oldsters) is on the move! You can't stop Jeehoober from announcing something.

The Internet makes it possible to spread info like never before. Just look at how dubs peddle their trinkets and make MEMEs and have blogs. The GB can pinch off a bit of new light at anytime. It will spread like a contagion, create a buzz/sense of urgency/unity, then it can be confirmed and explained or adjusted as needed.

They will do whatever the Corporation needs, last minute changes included.

DD

• Listener
    Listener

Punkofnice makes a good point about the home printing of literature. At some point the Org. will knuckle down on getting the publishers to print more from their personal computers. It has the potential of saving them huge amounts of money and to downsize Bethel offices.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

No more Watchtower or Awake!...

JW.org is what we will be branded as...get your JW.org mags, pins, bags etc...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nothing exiting will come. They have the annual meetings for that, not these regional zone visits, they are held regularly and no breath-taking revelation will be dropped to one continent

As far as doctrinal issues that affect everyone worldwide, that's probably true. However many issues differ from country to country or region to region. And one such issue is the structuring of things financially. The Kingdom Hall property grab did not seem to be "worldwide". The laws of each nation affect the financial reporting requirements etc.

LEGAL ISSUES also differ from one country to another. There could be big changes "legally" to protect the assets -- such as a move of the HQ to the Caymans or the disolution of the WTS Corp to try to prevent further lawsuits.

Just tossing out ideas.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit