Zone Visit: An Announcement That Will "Test Your Faith"

by breakfast of champions 443 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good call Londo....HIL ARIOUS

As for content, zone visits are typically a hype session for the particular country that they are referencing. In this instance, I believe its only the English speaking congregations of the US and its territories. That would mean that it will probably simply speak of the PROGRESS that the area has experienced similar to the Yearbook highlights of a certain land. Because it deals mainly with the preaching work, it may address changes in dealing with the inactive, irregular or manner in which the preaching work is effected. I agree with many here that there will DEFINITELY be some comment about contributions and "blessings" but do not expect any HUGE doctrinal changes......

• metatron
    metatron

Agreed that doctrinal change is unlikely in this venue. Tithing is highly unlikely because they would need a whole lot of 'telegraphing' beforehand to do that.

Lawsuit comments are unlikely. When Henschel was alive, his handling of the 1975 fiasco was to avoid talking about it and I think that tradition probably continues.

Magazine/Literature adjustments? There could be some logic to this because it might make sense to dump these in the US first and keep printing for the 3rd world, until they all get internet service.

metatron

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Yea, they will use the verse about "using unrigbteous riches to gain friends in the heavens...".

• sir82
    sir82

In this instance, I believe its only the English speaking congregations of the US

Spanish gets it too - they have to bring headphones to tune into a translation (if they don't understand English).

8 years ago, 25% of US JWs were in Spanish language congregations (heard from a branch rep). I'm sure the % is well over 30 by now.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Move to where the need is great for preaching work, or, come volunteer in the new Org construction sites.

GC

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@Sir82

Good for the Spanish!!! They always seemed to be left out like the last kid to get picked for the kickball team.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Reintroduction of temple prostitutes?

Hands up how many are thinking about going back now....

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think a huge change in literature, e.g. combining the WT and Asleep! into a JW.org magazine would be significant. . .

And it would make sense to implement/announce this in the US branch. . . .

But is that something that would test one's faith?

"No more public WT? Boo-Hoo! My faith is shattered!"

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I think a huge change in literature, e.g. combining the WT and Asleep! into a JW.org magazine would be significant. . .

this has been my speculation. A complete rebranding of the WTS. Watchower only existing as the study edition so they can say its been continuous since 1874 or whatever. Other than that, JW(.org) Magazine. The WTS will be renamed with JW something or other

but I don't see this being "faith testing". The mags have been revamped as if to prepare for this change already without a blink and the R&F are eating up the JW.org bit.

lets think about it, we have all discussed ad nauseum what the BOrg could do to cause a mass exodus and we can't really come up with anything short of major criminal charges

the only doctrinal changes that could really test the faith of the R&F is a major shift in the 1914 teaching (perhaps tied with a 607 change).

they would never make a big pomp about blood with a zone visit, they would phase this in over decades. Anything other big change wouldn't be that big. What else could they change that hasn't been already?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Eventually they're going to have to shed 607 as a starting point, which means 1914 will have to go as well. I doubt this would happen in a meeting like this one, but it will happen within the next couple of years. Then of course, they'll pretend that 1914 was never an important date to them and it was completely misunderstood by the r&f lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit