ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I think it's also a very healing process for the survivors. They get to say what they have been through and how it has effected them and actually be heard.

For many, their voice has been ignored, their pain has been seen as weakness. I'm so happy to see them stand up for themselves!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LostGeneration - "...they put forth their bullshit argument that there is no way to comply with the request of the prosecution for all of the child molestation material they wanted in discovery. In this case, I would speculate the stuff they are hiding is nasty beyond anything we've ever seen, and couple that with the GB knows it and thus the Losch is dodging the deposition because he will look so bad that the info could even wake up die hard JWs causing a huge loss in membership."

That thought had occurred to me, too.

The child abuse problem in the Hare Krishnas brought that group to its knees once it was exposed... they still exist, but they're a pale shadow of their former selves.

Mainstreaming resulted in catastrophic factioning to the WWCG; it can't be a coincidence that the WTS refuses to reform that aspect of themselves, either.

x

I suspect that they've concluded it's only a matter of time, so the accellerated rate they're rebranding to fire up the loyalists whilst alienating inactives, faders, and fence-sitters (thus paring down the size of the R&F) are the only measures they see as viable to enable the WTS to survive the storm and retain the Org's collective identity.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@Phizzy....

Oh boy, its not just soooon, its Imminent !!!

I'm aggedon outa here !

Hilarious....I love it...I will try & remember that one...

This is a serious subject but that was a great comment...

All I can say is...When a witness came & told them that a brother molested their child...what did they do...did they say don't go to the police, did they hear it & hid the molestor...I've read so much on this site about it...but the real question is ...DID THEY BROTHER KNOW & IF THEY DID, DID THEY HIDE IT..& DID THEY THREATEN THE FAMILIES NOT TO TELL...THAT'S THE REAL MEAT & POTATOES...READ DEUT. 17:8-13...

Legacy

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Paralipomenon, thanks for sharing what you could about your friend. Please keep us posted to developments.

It has been eye opening for sure. If it goes to trial I'll link it in right away.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks Chaseserious, you did a wonderful job on your summary (page 12) and you were very unbiased.

• flipper
    flipper

WT Society keeps thinking they will get away with minimum damage with the exposure of all these child abuse cases. I think they are sadly mistaken

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BOTR,

Who gives a shit if it's small compared to the Catholic Church?!?! WTF is wrong with you?? Great job minimizing the abuse of children.

DD

• never a jw
    never a jw

marked

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Attorneys involved directly with WT abuse issues are fully committed to the real possibility that the JWs will fall harder than the RCC. It's a matter of time.

• never a jw
    never a jw

BOTR: This forum is NOT real life.

But you love it here. Almost 10,000 posts in less than four years.

Cheeserios,

Your posts are way better than other posts by other "knowledgeable, expert" posters... and you don't even claim to have a law degree, or have great education, or be affluent. But mainly you inform and educate, rather than demean all the other members of this board by calling them ignorant, uneducated, unsophisticated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit