ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

the girl next door - "Attorneys involved directly with WT abuse issues are fully committed to the real possibility that the JWs will fall harder than the RCC. It's a matter of time."

Always important to remember.

Virtually all of the WTS's recent actions (particularly with regards to the court cases) are actions that suggest they feel genuinely vulnerable.

It therefore follows that those vulnerabilites are, in fact, genuine and tangible.

• flipper
    flipper

Just got a new printer for our computer so I'm going to be printing up news releases of this and other WT child abuse cases and hand them out to any JW's I see having a coffee break ( in a respectful way ) at a Starbucks or wherever. I've had some very interesting conversations before with Witnesses using this tactic of handing them news releases. I just come across as a concerned person who has JW relatives in the organization- but I pose as a non-Witness - thus it keeps the Witnesses engaged talking to me as they see me as a prospective convert - so they are concerned if I show them news betraying their organization's leaders as allowing criminal behavior. I'd say about 95 % or more of JW's are not even aware of these child abuse lawsuits happening within their organization, and the elders sure aren't going to announce anything at meetings about it ! So I just consider myself a " rock crying out " giving access to information. I've been out of the organization for over 11 years - so nobody knows me in any of these areas where I'll be working .

And I may just sneak onto kingdom hall parking lots as I have in the past and cover several counties putting child abuse news releases under car windshields. Looking forward to this " special campaign ". Wink, wink

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Flipper: I'd say about 95 % or more of JW's are not even aware of these child abuse lawsuits happening within their organization

I would have to agree with Flipper's informal assessment. The WT's indoctrination to avoid anything negative of their precious little cult is very effective.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have told some Eldubs, and my wife. They don't care. If you bring up a legitimate issue of wrongdoing, you must "wait on Jeehoober", doing anything beyond that is negative and rebellious.

You are simply not allowed to say that anything is wrong.

LET'S REVIEW: It's a FRACKING CULT!!!

DD

• flipper
    flipper

I can't wait to inform some of the JW's I know about these new child abuse cases. True- many may close their minds to the news- but if just one person starts researching on the Internet it may help free one more person from the clutches of this criminal cult. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

DD, I only got my spouse to see that the elders in San Diego were at fault. I know, though, that nobody could have told me that WT org. was responsible before I could see it for myself. With 20 more cases in Zalkin's cannon, the last pockets of resistance in many people's minds will be sure to fall. Slowly but surely.

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

Many WILL close their minds to the news.I know some jws who after hearing all this have said that they will go down with the ship.And a couple who say they are jws for life regardless of what is happening.

Nevertheless,I am sure some thinking jws will start researching-I did in 2012 after hearing about the Conti case.So did a couple of my friends who are now awake.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I got some great responses from Facebook Pms to "Weak" JWs I know with the AP news story attached. It is easy for them to forward the attachment to more JWs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Question = was the recent official letter sent out to all JW congregations by the WTS. concerning what elders are suppose to do in any possible

acts of pedophilia within their congregations, brought forward in this case or in court ?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Finkelstein, the 2012 letter was mentioned in the

"NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION OF
    PERSON MOST QUALIFIED TO TESTIFY
    ON BEHALF OF DEFENDANT
    WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT
    SOCIETY OF NEW YORK,INC., WITH
    DOCUMENTS REQUIRED -
    VIDEORECORDED FOR USE AT TRIAL

[...]

"Notice is further given to defendant THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT
    SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC., that under C.C.P. รง 2025.230, said defendant has a duty to
    designate as the deponent the Officer, Director, Managing Agents, Employees, or Agents most
    qualified to testify on its behalf as to the following matters:

[...]

"22.The purpose and intent of the Body of Elder letter dated October 1, 2012.
    23. The corporate interpretation of and implementation of the Body of Elder letter dated
    October 1, 2012."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit