Evolution and spirits

by Chris Tann 149 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is but one of many paranormal experiences. If it were just one or two I might be inclined to say, I was hallucinating but I remember the feeling of fight or flight when I saw this thing. I still remember it happening as if it were yesterday.

many of these events are accompanied by an intense fear that is foreign and otherworldly.

i wish it were just hallucinations but it had a different quality to it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Did you read the wiki I linked to? it strikes me you only have the basic understanding of what a hallucination is or can be.

have you seen any TED talks by Dr Oliver Sacks?

Have you read this? http://www.skeptic.com/downloads/why-people-see-ghosts.pdf

Have you read Carl Sagans Demon Haunted World?

Do you really want to find out what happened? Some dont because it will crush their world view of gods and spirits.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Witness My Fury,

I'm checking out the links now, thank you.

will provide follow up response.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I have no objection to having my worldview crushed if it means I arrive at the truth. Don't forget, we all had our worldview crushed by the Watchtower, that is why most of us are here.

we give lables to things we see and can't explain away, such as spirits, demons etc. They are labels people recognize and associate with paranormal phenomena. You could call it Joe six-pack but the convention is to use ideas and beliefs we are already familiar with. This doesn't invalidate our experience but it provides a framework that can be understood.

witness My Fury, I am still reading the links, this reply is not the follow up

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It will take you several days to plow thru that lot, so if you post too soon I'll know you skimped on your research ok...

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

"skepticism is you friend"

Agree. I´m skeptical about that God may not exist.

• Viviane
    Viviane

The prerequisites for hallucination weren't present at the event.

What prerequisites?

By the way, I hold a BA in English Literature which requires both reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

So?

May I ask what your credentials are?

You may.

i know you would prefer I call my experience a hallucination because that doesn't challenge your ideas about the reality you live in.

For someone who claims critical thinking skills, this is showing a stunng lack of it, presuming to ignorantly know that which you cannot. Perhaps you are hallucinating your critical thinking skills.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

By the way, I hold a BA in English Literature which requires both reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

So?

Reason is you should have critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret texts as part of the coursework

May I ask what your credentials are?

You may.

Please share with me your credentials (or lack thereof)

i know you would prefer I call my experience a hallucination because that doesn't challenge your ideas about the reality you live in.

For someone who claims critical thinking skills, this is showing a stunng lack of it, presuming to ignorantly know that which you cannot. Perhaps you are hallucinating your critical thinking skills.

I think you are hallucinating that my experience was a hallucination.

Now, enough tit for tat please, I'm more than capable of defending my viewpoints and this thread has gone off at a tangent

Respectfully,

Truthseeker

• Viviane
    Viviane

Reason is you should have critical thinking skills to analyze and interpret texts as part of the coursework

Yes, but how is that degree specifically relevant to anything we are discussing?

Please share with me your credentials (or lack thereof)

No.

I think you are hallucinating that my experience was a hallucination.

I never said it was.

Now, enough tit for tat please, I'm more than capable of defending my viewpoints and this thread has gone off at a tangent

You're the one that went off on a tangent. The most likely and plausible explanation is hallucination.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Anyone dismissing the ability of the mind in forming images is ironically the one being closed minded.

Once you know what the mind can do, the most probable explanation alters.....

http://www.ted.com/talks/oliver_sacks_what_hallucination_reveals_about_our_minds?language=en

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit