Evolution and spirits

by Chris Tann 149 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

Whilst never having seen a spirit being I have certainly encountered their work, presence and persona in the Pharisees (religious leaders).

I find the "militant ignorance" and "malignant self-righteousness" of the Pharisees to be powerful evidence of the work and thinking of evil spirit beings.

I do not believe we humans are able to achieve the extreme levels of fanaticism, fundamentalism, sectarianism and irrationality which we have, completely unaided.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Another ad hominen attack on those who disagree with you.

If you point out the flaws in Kate's posts she says you haven't developed abstract thinking skills (which, BTW, she defines and applies incorrectly, so, kind of funny) and accuses you of being childlike. When you point out the flaw in that, she calls you a bully.

Basically, she's saying she's prone to being bullied by children.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

New hope and happiness

Because someone writes a book and invents the life jacket makes him immune to being stupid? I dont think so!

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    I do not believe we humans are able to achieve the extreme levels of fanaticism, fundamentalism, sectarianism and irrationality which we have, completely unaided.

And yet, on topic, evolution explains exactly why humanity can get like this (our evolutionary tendency to group together, and at a certain point, develop an animosity for outside groups, our mental tendencies to hedge towards snap judgments and black and white thinking based on perceieved notions, which is a survival mechanism, etc...).

Why would you think humanity can't do these things on their own - we're just ridiculously flawed animals with higher thinking that leads directly towards the problems that people create en masse.

• truthseeker
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

Cofty,

You will have to ask yourself if everybody in these accounts is wrong because you want them to be wrong.

Or, you might consider they could be right, but it was their subjective experience, witnessed by others, that makes them right.

The problem with doubters in anything supernatural, is that they refuse to consider the possibility that something bigger than themselves might actually exist and they would rather say everyone else is wrong than consider the possibility that there are things that can't be explained away by sleepwalking and meds.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I believe in spirits. I've experienced it

Sure you have.

I have too actually, on my way home i drive by this store called "Discount Wines and Spirits", and i've experienced them several times. They are great.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

redvip,

It is precisely this kind of response which reduces an intelligent thread to a childish one.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

FYI,

I have personally seen one and I wasn't asleep. I was about 13 years old and it was humanoid looking with no features. Completely black figure.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It is precisely this kind of response which reduces an intelligent thread to a childish one.

oh sorry, i thought you had done that already once you said you believed in ghosts.

edit: oh you saw it when you were 13? oh then i apologize.. it's true then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit