Evolution and spirits

by Chris Tann 149 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

As of now Iam making an unbiased examination of evolution. However one thing keeps me hanging on to the belief of a supreme spirit being; the existence of spirits. I have heard countless accounts of people who have experienced frightening encounters with evil forces. I have even seen videos of strange paranormal happenings. Even seeing a shadowy figure with extreme speed.

Also ,just recently in a newspaper, a report was made of a family in a nearby town whose children were taken to the ER because of speaking with demonic voices. At the hospital a few witnesses( a nurse and a social worker) saw one of the children levitate backwards across the floor and then float up the wall. This was a public activity of wicked spirits. Verified. The sheriff of the town called the house a gateway to hell because of the evil supernatural events that was reported on by officers.

So how does soneone who is an atheist, believes in evolution account for these things that have been happening for thousands of years? The Bible tells us that these are wicked rebellious spirits. I have to believe that if superhuman evil spirits exist as the Bible explains,then there must be good righteous spirits and the supreme spirit that made them. After all there is much good in humanity and evil in humanity.

• cofty
    cofty

There are no such things as spirits. It is all psychology and superstition.

At the hospital a few witnesses( a nurse and a social worker) saw one of the children levitate backwards across the floor and then float up the wall. This was a public activity of wicked spirits. Verified.

I don't believe a word of it. Where is the evidence? Real objective evidence, not multiple anecdotes or YouTube videos.

The sheriff of the town called the house a gateway to hell

The sheriff is in the wrong job.

Nobody has even defined what they mean by "spirit"...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It has almost everything to do with psychology and the mind and nothing to do with what really happened.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Demons: excuse for why people are nuts.

Ghost: excuse for when the door needs WD4.

Paranormal stories: excuse for people who need attention.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

"Evil" forces are the dumbest beings in the Universe. They are bent on turning poeple away from God yet when they terrorize people, they accomplish the exact opposite; the person run to God for help. Sounds like they need a new leader or game plan.

The fact is , with out evil spirits there would be no need for good ones. Everyone needs a villain.

• prologos
    prologos

Since our brain, seat of the mind is a product of the evolution process,

Is there really a real niche that is open to be filled by the fertile imagination?

Will nuts fill that niche by successfully proliferating?

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

Please post some of these videos and reports.

Anyone can write anything or say they saw anything, but there has not been a single verified video of anything resembling supernatural activity that can't EASILY be explained in an easier way. Any "reports" always come from PoDunct, Nowhere or in a non-developed area, in this age where practically everyone in the first world walks around with an instantly uploading camera 24-7.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I would encourage you to examine evolution and the potential existence of evil spirits as two seperate topics. They really have nothing to do with one another and your belief in spirits should not influence your examination of the evidence for evolution. Once you confirm that evolution is indeed well founded in fact, you may need to revisit your belief in spirits. That's not to say that the two are mutually exclusive, but once you start letting the evidence guide your beliefs you'll likely want to continue.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Evolution does not have anything to do with spirits or even god.

Evolution is the scientific theory of the origin of species. It has nothing to do if supernatural forces exist.

You don't need to be an atheist if you are convinced about evolution.

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

You can go to indystar and read the account. The woman's name is Latoya Ammons. The videos were a show caleed ghost hunters. You can't dismiss all these account by saying its psychological.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit