Evolution and spirits

by Chris Tann 149 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

I don't know how else it could be explained.

That's ok.

Invisible beings made of some undefined stuff called "spirit" is the least likely explanation.

• Viviane
    Viviane

No, I wasn't ill or hallucinating.

How do you know you weren't hallucinating?

I say forget preconceived ideas, the Bible, demons, ghosts, whatever you call it - you are still left with something that can't be expained.

It can be explained, you just don't like the explanation.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Viviane,

I love the irony.

You were not present at my experience, yet you have the nerve to tell me: "How do you know you weren't hallucinating?"

I already said I was not asleep and was not ill.

But that doesn't cut it for you because of your limited preconceived notions.

Then you have the audacity to tell me I don't like your explanation for an experience that you weren't there to see.

That is the height of arrogance and you are by far, extremely arrogant to tell me what I did/did not see and what it was/was not.

Truthseeker

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

And ladies and gentlemen,

I make the point again, that if you have seen or heard something that cannot be explained, you will be attacked by people who demand evidence of what you saw or else and you will be labelled mentally ill or that you were hallucinating.

These people cannot think outside the box of their limited scope of reality - in their limited imagination, if it can't be measured, it doesn't exist.

• cofty
    cofty

Truthseeker - I'm puzzled. Are you simply saying that something happened when you were a child that you still can't explain, or are you saying your experience convinces you that there are spirits?

Nobody is denying something happened. Why are you getting annoyed?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I love the irony.

You were not present at my experience, yet you have the nerve to tell me: "How do you know you weren't hallucinating?"

I already said I was not asleep and was not ill.

There is no irony or nerve. How do you know you weren't hallucinating? Hallucinations don't require illness or drugs.

But that doesn't cut it for you because of your limited preconceived notions.

So I can't suggest hallucinations but you can tell me what my notions are? Interesting, because....

Then you have the audacity to tell me I don't like your explanation for an experience that you weren't there to see.

That is the height of arrogance and you are by far, extremely arrogant to tell me what I did/did not see and what it was/was not.

You complain and whine that I can't mention a very common occurance to explain a situation that fits a very common occurance yet see no irony in then making completely ignorant and unfounded claims about me.

Yeah, critical thinking clearly isn't one of your skills. Or reading comprehension.

• Witness My Fury
  • Viviane
    Viviane

I make the point again, that if you have seen or heard something that cannot be explained, you will be attacked by people who demand evidence of what you saw or else and you will be labelled mentally ill or that you were hallucinating.

These people cannot think outside the box of their limited scope of reality - in their limited imagination, if it can't be measured, it doesn't exist.

What can't be explained is your dismissal of a ver common explanation for your experience along with ignorant claims to know what others think.

Well, it can be explained, it's a lack of critical thinking skills.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Coffey,

Something happened as a child that I still can't explain. My experience and others leads me to the conclusion that there are forces at work which by and large are unseen by the scientific community.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Viviane,

The prerequisites for hallucination weren't present at the event.

By the way, I hold a BA in English Literature which requires both reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

May I ask what your credentials are?

i know you would prefer I call my experience a hallucination because that doesn't challenge your ideas about the reality you live in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit