900 Top Scientists Sign Statement Skeptical of Macro-Evolution

by Perry 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

truthseeker; I can't deny my experience either, it's all I have

Nope. You have access to the same websites, books, peer reviewed research, youtube debates and libraries as the rest of us.

It takes a little effort . . .

• cofty
    cofty

We assume a creator God has nothing to do, but we don't know that.

I'm open to ideas of what god has been up to if you have any.

Perry why do you never answer questions or engage in a conversation?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Perry=troll.

• prologos
    prologos

It seems the creator has nothing to do here, because he has been done HERE for 13.8 billion of our years, It was done so well, it is all on autopilot, including the evolving.

The creator seems not to be a tinkerer as I. Newton supposed him to be. Evolution with the lot of it, is alive and well, it was meant to be.

Exiting research continues to find out with ever greater effort, HOW it works, How it was done. How it is doing and can be manipulated.

Discovering how great an effort it really was, by how hard a nut is to crack.

using ever bigger ever more sophisticated nutcrackers.

• cofty
    cofty

It was done so well

No it wasn't.

Tsunamis, earthquakes, parasites, cancer, a myriad of genetic disorders.

If it was designed it is the work of a muppet.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I wonder how much evolutionary science Robert W. Bass had to study to get his Ph.D. in mathematics?

Well he goes to church on Sunday, that's all he needs to know, i'm sure.

• prologos
    prologos

cofty, only wt thinking would imply that these powerful events, the meteor strike to curb the big dinos, for example, was an avoidable disaster, do to bad planning. . "well done" does not mean "new earth perfect" to me, it means to allow eventually all, us included, with no predudice.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes of course prologos - accuse anybody who disagrees with you of "watchtower thinking". How original.

• designs
    designs

Red- I wonder how many holes in the Jesus theory Phd. Bass has found....

• Perry
    Perry

Personally, I enjoy reading about recovering evolutionists far more than debating: I found these:

Emeritus Professor Tyndale John Rendle-Short - From (theistic) evolution to creation

For Prof himself, educated at Cambridge and brought up with his father's writings, theistic evolution (or its variant, progressive creationism) was the natural direction for him to take. His odyssey to being chairman of one of the most effective creation science outreach ministries in the world was overseen by the Lord's hand in countless ways, both large and small.

Charlie Lieberts - (Chemist)

Charlie Liebert’s idea of a good time back in New Jersey was to drink beer with a bunch of buddies and mock Billy Graham on television. A self-described “atheistic evolutionist,” Liebert would ridicule the fact that he and his friends were “sinners.”

Dr. Gary Parker (Biologist)

"I was very consciously trying to get students to bend their religious beliefs to evolution."

"Evolution was really my religion, a faith commitment and a complete world-and-life view that organized everything else for me, and I got quite emotional when evolution was challenged." Dr. Gary Parker's testimony as to how he went from teaching evolution at the college level to being a leading spokesman for Biblical creationism. - See the full story at From Evolution to Creation: A Personal Testimony

Dr. D. Russell Humphreys (Physicist)

While neither of the two links we have for Dr. Humphreys states that he was a former evolutionists and atheist, we know this to be true from a 1999 debate he participated in at Harvard University in which he stated these things. See this interview with Dr. Humphreys at: Creation in the Physics Lab.

Dr. Alan Galbraith (Watershed Science)

"I attended a creation seminar arranged by my pastor. I had only been a Christian for some four years or so, and was still a convinced evolutionist. I have to admit that I went with the attitude — what can this pastor, whose last science course was probably in junior high school, tell me about the area I know so much about?" See Recovery from evolution (Alan Galbraith interview)

According to modern evolutionary theory, our planet originated from the accumulation of hot, gaseous material ejected from the sun, and the Precambrian granites were among the first rocks to form during the cooling process. University science courses convinced me that the evolution of the earth was just a part of the cosmic evolution of the universe. As a result I became a theistic evolutionist. Years later I began to re-examine the scientific basis for that decision. My thoughts turned to the age of the earth and the Precambrian granites. Were they really billions of years old? See Dr. Gentry's Book Overview . See his web site at Earth Science Associates .

Tulane University

Dr. Richard Lumsden (1938-1997) was a professor of parasitology and cell biology at Tulane University in Louisiana where he also served as the dean of the graduate school of biological sciences. During his illustrious career, Lumsden published about 90 peer-reviewed papers and was awarded the Henry Baldwin Ward medal (the highest world-recognized award for parasitology ). He also received over 21 research grants and contracts from many well-known organizations such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation and the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA).

In the YouTube video below, Lumsden (a self-proclaimed evolutionist and Christian ridiculer) relates that after giving a lecture at Tulane University on the theory of evolution, one of his best students began asking him questions about evolution which he later realized had caused him to doubt his long-held evolutionary worldview . The doubts set Lumsden out on a search for truth. In his video testimony, Lumsden tells how he came to believe in a Creator and eventually walked up the isle of a church to accept Jesus Christ as his savior.

See video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91-ABJ49ho#t=382

In his testimony, Dr. Lumsden says he was a staunch Darwinian evolutionist who took great pleasure in ridiculing Christian beliefs during his university classroom lectures. After the Louisiana legislature passed a law requiring pre-college teachers to give creation equal time with evolution in the classroom, Lumsden became so outraged that he prepared and delivered a lecture at Tulane University in support of Darwinian evolution. After the lecture, one of Dr. Lumsden’s top students asked to meet with him so she could “get some of her facts straight.” During the meeting, without being judgmental or argumentative, the student (who was a Christian) began asking Dr. Lumsden a series of questions about evolution. Three hours later when the student thanked him and walked out of his office, Lumsden realized the student’s questions had left him with a lot of doubt in his mind about the theory of evolution, a theory he had wholeheartedly embraced for many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit