900 Top Scientists Sign Statement Skeptical of Macro-Evolution

by Perry 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have to question some who are so insistent that evolution is the answer to everything.

Because its the attainable Truth of how and why things appear as they are through honest inquiry.

So Truthseeker you say all species evolved from its own kind.

Then you are in agreement then that are human ancestors looked lked this ...

• cofty
    cofty

I have to question some who are so insistent that evolution is the answer to everything.

Evolution isn't the answer to everythnig. It is the only correct answer to the diversity of life however. It is a fact. It is beyond all sensible dispute.

Would it be so bad to consider the possibility of a God(s)?

Evolution does not contradict the existence of a god. It just leaves a creator god with nothing to do.

Perhaps it would be good to research evolution for yourself. Anybody who can ask "If we came from apes, then what are apes still doing in zoos?" still hasn't read page one.

Here is a suggested reading list...

"Endless Forms Most Beautiful" by Sean B. Carroll

"The making of the fittest" by Sean B Carroll

"Evolution, what the fossils say" by Donald Prothero

"Why Evolution is true" by Jerry Coyne

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin

"The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins

"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Dawkins

"Life Ascending" by Nick Lane

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

If any of these 900 scientist had any evidence that suggests evolution is false, they would be all over the news & possibly own a Nobel Prize. That would be the biggest story of the century.

Since the 900 scientist have proven nothing, their opinions, beliefs, & feelings are unimportant on this subject.

• designs
    designs

What do the Fundamentalist Christians get out of denying that the pollution from the Industrial Age has affected the planet....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Nicolaou,

Thank you. Yes, I cannot establish truth using my own subjective experience but I can't deny my experience either, it's all I have.

• Comatose
    Comatose

perry is hiding

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Finkelstein,

Yes, somewhat in agreement. Funnily enough, I remember arguing against evolution when I was 12 years old in a science class. It was Adam and Eve.

On another note, but still loosely affiliated with evolution and man, do you think this theory would satisfy creationists?

There were already humans living on Earth before Adam was created. Where Genesis says, "Let us make man in our image", it wasn't talking about God(s) creating man from scratch but improving an existing human couple by tinkering with their DNA.

It would give a satisfactory answer as to where Cain got his wife from and why he wanted to build a city for more than two people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One Example: Renowned Chemist Says Evolutionists Do Not Understand the Origin of Life..

Which begs the question: "SO WHAT??!!"

Those 900 scientists don`t understand the origin of life either..

Not knowing the origin of life doesn`t disprove evolution..

Evolution is all around us,Evolution is a Fact..

If your trying to make a case for Creationism or God,you`ve failed miserably..

You`ve provided no proof..

.........................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Cofty,

I can accept that, however this remark made me chuckle

Evolution does not contradict the existence of a god. It just leaves a creator god with nothing to do.

We assume a creator God has nothing to do, but we don't know that.

• designs
    designs

Coma- Perry expects the Holy Ghost to move those "Saved from the founding of the world" to quote his favorite guy Paul.

I think the Pollution Issue for Fundamentalists is tied up in the same part of the cerebellum as the Human species being 5775 years old and the Right to Life movement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit