900 Top Scientists Sign Statement Skeptical of Macro-Evolution

by Perry 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Logcon - I don't understnad your point, could you clarify please? The genetic evidence that we are descended from a common ancestor of all primates is beyond doubt. Have you studied the evidence? Do you know about the remarkable details concerning human chromosome 2?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

there is no need to sink to the level of lying for Jesus.

Cofty, this is what religious people must do in order to appear credible.

• cofty
    cofty

ADCMS - Christian ethics are so superficial.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Christian ethics

I believe that is an oxymoron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cofty - "...there is no need to sink to the level of lying for Jesus."

Shirley - "...this is what religious people must do in order to appear credible."

Well, fundamentalists, anyway.

If you gotta cheat to defend your beliefs...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just popping in here to say that perhaps Perry was thinking of me, not cofty. I said a while back that the human genome is not composed of code, but rather of building instructions. My point was that the actual process of cell division is like a computer program (code) which acts upon data (the DNA). This program for cell replication is much simpler and therefore easier to imagine the evolution of. In reality, the situation is more complicated than that, and the code/data distinction is probably a dubious analogy to use. But 'twas I who said it, not cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

Apog - I understand what you mean.

Theists like Perry are only looking for things to wilfully misunderstand. It is a convenient excuse to avoid difficult questions.

• MindBlown666
    MindBlown666

What I've learned just because someone has the title of "Scientist" doesn't mean they are not a right winged christian. There are many religious leaders that hire "Christian" Scientists to endorse/impose thier beliefs as science.

http://www.jmtour.com/personal-topics/personal-statement/

• hooberus
    hooberus

Mark

• Perry
    Perry

So Cofty, Where did the DNA code language come from?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit