TV.JW.ORG is coming!

by Oubliette 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

How long before some meetings are streamed via the channel? They can reduce the meetings when all the non audience participation items are streamed via TV. Remote congregations could have TV meetings rather than travelling once a week to halls. Those halls could be sold. OOvercomes the problem of declining elder numbers because the talks are prepared remotely and delivered via the channel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

hildebrando, thanks for finding this article.

They're such hypocrites.

I'm glad I'm completely awake to their lies and manipulations.

• steve2
    steve2

That 1986 Watchtower article poo-poohing tele-evangelism hit the proverbial nail on the head: what allegedly stamped the JW ministry as strikingly distinctive was the participation of all rank-and-file in it. They even held that "nail" over the Mormons who "only" send their younger ones out into the field for 2-year stints.

But now, why bother door knocking when your beliefs are rapidly streamed globally either via jw.org or jw tv?

As others have said, this organization looks and operates increasingly like so many others. They're here for the long haul, brothers!

Mind you, to outsiders, they're all the same anyway.

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

GHC: I'm fascinated at how the JW logo is white on the wall yet it's blue in the reflection on the floor.

Really? That's your comment!

I could answer that, but it's a bit off topic and requires that you have at least a fundamental understanding of the laws of physics concerning reflected and refracted light.

Way to miss the point of this thread.

In the meantime, see this NASA website for some illumination on the subject you queried: Why is the sky blue?

Wow! Why such snarky sarcasm for a benign inquiry, Oubliette?!

The explanation is the following... The logo is back lighted by blue lights, so in the camera, the light coming directly from the letters is interpreted in the camera's sensor as white (it's too bright, or a blown-out highlight in photographic terms), so, when that same light is reflected from the floor, as the floor it's not a perfect mirror, you have *less* light coming, so you have the same light *underexposed*, and that underexposition let you see that the color of the light is blue, not a bluish white due to overexposure, the same happens in the wall beacausethe wall is less reflective too :)

Thanks, Mandrake, for the kindly-submitted, brief and informative response to GreenHornChristian and any others who might've pondered the same.

This is one tough room. ;-)

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972-2/2001

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AMNESIANO: Wow! Why such snarky sarcasm for a benign inquiry, Oubliette?!

Because it was so off-topic.

Between Mandrake and myself you got your answer. He neglected to include the ambient blues mixing in the reflected light from the floor. I believe you would have observed the same, or very nearly same, phenomenon if you were physically present.

BTW, I'm glad you're no longer a captive. Congrats on that!

Cheers,

Oubliette

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

An Online WBT$ JW.ORG TV Show,needs WBT$ TV Stars!!..

Who Would Be The Most Likely WBT$ TV Stars??!!..

THE WBT$ GB ROCK STAR POPES!!!!!..

......Happy............Dopey.........BulletHead......BadHair......I`m Right.......Capt.KFC......Sorry,I`m Dead..

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/governing-body-2012.jpg

............................................................................................................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• sparky1
    sparky1

Hey Outlaw..................................................You forgot the BIGGEST A-Hole of them all. Shame on you for neglecting the NewBoy!

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

Thanks for your response, Oubliette (love that moniker!) and, indeed, the question rather veered away from this astounding news you've posted.

OFF-TOPIC ALERT!

I was just stricken because it seemed so out-of-character for you to be so harsh, especially to a poster who, like me, apparently chooses not to participate much. I have my own reasons as I'm sure s/he does, but there are those who lurk who may have much to contribute here but hang back when they see such a blast against what seems to have been an innocent inquiry.

Besides, if we're being honest here, a fair number of threads wander off (like this one you say...? ;-)). Is it really such a big deal, though? Does such really warrant such harshness on an open, nearly-anything-goes forum? (And don't get me wrong. I'm no prude. In a verbal battle, I am a blackbelt Sarcasteur...lol!)

Was just somewhat disappointed at this, felt terrible for GreenHornChristian, and was moved to offer my observation. No more, no less.

Back to Topic

Thanks for helping to break such mind-blowing news. Truly unbelievable. SMH...

AMNESIAN

Captive - 7/1972 - 2/2001

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AMNESIANO, Point taken.

I did not intend to be harsh, merely to redirect the topical focus to the issues raised by the announcement of JW TV. (Please see Posting Guideline #10 below).

I was just taken aback by the completely off-topic remark that completely missed both the point of this thread the implications of this profound sea change in JW-land.

I am frequently sarcastic when I believe it is the appropriate response. I never promised anyone that I'd be otherwise. I make no apologies.

That being said, as a result of the query raised anyone that is curious now has access to NASA's answer to the age old question, Why is the sky blue?

Cheers,

Oubliette

PS - You have a PM

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

Carry on the freedom fight, Oubliette. It's much appreciated.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972 - 2/2001

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit