TV.JW.ORG is coming!

by Oubliette 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Magnum - "I agree with the point you two are making - that the rebranding, etc. are a hit with the new JWs - the mindless, idol-worshipping drones."

They're making it easier and easier for the hard-core loyalists to stay...

...and giving more and more fencer-sitters incentive to leave.

• 4thgen
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18

it's happening!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Sure, the organization is branching out into broadcasting as an indicator it's here for the long haul. However, that's an entirely different proposition from it continuing to be capable of attracting growth of publishers willing to go out in the ministry. Bums on seats, whether at home or the Hall, will feed into the acres of self-congratulatory statistics.

As the long haul turns into the present, the urgency of yesteryear fades and the lived experience of being a Witness in the modern world becomes more mainstream. A second, poorer cousin to Latter-Day Saints emerges. Watch the Watchtower fade as the JW symbol ascends into members' emotional consciousness, oblivious to the side-lining of the older, hallmark symbol.

BTW, someone quipped earlier that Jesus might make an appearance for the organization's first streamed broadcast. Oh he indeed will do so...but invisibly, as a matter of doctrine.

• Vegas Girl
    Vegas Girl

I went to JW.org and I don't see anything on their website about this......no announcement, nothing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if they will have commercial breaks?

Collect 144,000 tokens from the back of new improved 'Go-bag(tm)' to recieve your free annointing*

*(Terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping' or ‘New Light’™or which ever makes the GB appear to be much higher than God!)

• St George of England
    St George of England

As the US is about 4 hours behind us I expect they will start about 11:00 BST for their Morning Worship programme.

Here in the UK I am sure all the pioneers will make a point of heading to the coffee shop each day and join in on their tablets!!

George

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

I wonder how my family will be full of praise and adoration for "Jehivahs organization". Ewwww

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They GB could be concerned with thinning the herd. Just think of the really insane hardcore JWs that we all knew. You know the ones, crazy as hell, real close to wearing tinfoil hats.

JWTV is perfect for those types. If their children are now having children...BINGO!!! That's your target audience! That's who the WTBTS powers really want! Jdumbs who are willing to do ANYTHING, like move to Israel and be decapitated! A rabid hardcore group of followers are all that's needed for the paperless cult of the future, ran from Warwick. The collective Wizard can pull the levers and press the buttons. The North American dubs who stay loyal will be even more deluded because they will be told they survived a great sifting work by Jehobo!! Their kids will be even more bat-shit crazy. Becoming more controlling is what abusers do. They only want those who will allow themselves to be abused and controlled.

Also, as a child, I would always try to watch a "false religious" cartoon called Super Book. As a child I found it riveting. It was far more exciting than the Bible Story book. So with the success of Caleb and Sophia, something similar could be produced by the WTBTS. Imagine crazy, scared of the world dubs, who only allow JWTV in the home. It's entirely possible. The target audience exists. They are having children. I hear parents speaking of Caleb and Sophia as "brainwashing at its finest."

The WTBTS marketing gurus are thinking of the future. Yes, this is a rocky time for them. If they can spin everything away, retain the most dependent/loyal dubs through the coming "persecution", then they have got it made. Who knows? True believers may even receive instructions to move closer to Warwick. They may even build more compounds. The Big A isn't coming, EVERYONE knows it. They are planning for their financial future. They can survive with a skeleton crew of faithful dubs while securing property in developing nations when the political climate allows for it.

The most we faders can hope for is to be left alone. There is no saving a hardcore JW, they are gone. It's only going to get worse.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The 11/15/86 WT quoted earlier sums up why the GB are now using television:

-

"...why do many evangelists [now The GB too] prefer TV as their medium? The Courier-Mail of Brisbane, Australia, notes that TV evangelists “make up to $120 million a year selling salvation. They appear in a blaze of electrified power and glory on 300 TV stations, and are worshipped like pop idols."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit