TV.JW.ORG is coming!

by Oubliette 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

So they have now become part and parcell of babylon the great ?

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Mandrake is of course correct in his explanation about how blue becomes white. This magical reversal is in reality a common phenomenon in the world of television - little understood by most people outside broadcasting.

When the JW network gets underway, falsehoods and human speculations will magically reverse into "the truth". Lies morph into jewels of truth - but only whilst the lights are on.

As with all things televisual, content matters far less than appearances. The marriage of the organization to television is astonishing only in that it took so long.This union is at least 20 years late - but as the parents of many a pregnant bride have said with heavy relief, "Better late than never". Television is perhaps the greatest time waster this planet has ever known. Deep into this elasticised time of the end, time hangs heavy and needs to be filled. Urgently.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

They are eating every word they said...

• Zordino
    Zordino

They should just say 'Fk it' and merge with the 700 club. Babylon da great, here we come.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well well well. It wouldn't surprise me if they totally moved toward a "700 Club" type of company.

Printed literature is getting to be so unprofitable.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Could this TV announcement be the thing that was speculated would be hard for older JW's to accept? I know my father in law seems to be getting more and more depressed and confused about this religion, yet he holds on.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

smiddy: So they have now become part and parcell of babylon the great ?

WT has always been like other religions...they were just very good at hiding it by drawing attention away from themselves by pointing fingers at everyone else.

Now that the Internet has exposed WT for what it truly is, they have nothing to lose. JWs will not see the hypocrisy, but instead will lap these changes up as "progressive" moves of God's Organization..."proof" that it is the true religion, even though it is now doing exactly what it has always condemned other religions for doing.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Interesting....

if this is in fact true, then allow me to purposely take 1 Corinthians 9:22 completely out of context and offer these thoughts. As I see the R&F gobbling this up as a great sign of the "increased preaching work" before the end times.

How different is this from

1.) the epic film "photodrama of creation"....(correct me if I'm wrong)...somehow "birth of a nation" is a Freudian slip

2.) Radio broadcasts from Russell or Rutherford and others

3.) the use of phonographs to do door to door preaching.

4.) the use of VCR tapes to document the struggles of their brothers and sisters over the last 100years as well as videos showing the R&F how to be good witnesses.

5.) the use of CD's to provide watchtower and awake articles to those who wanted to listen to articles in their homes and vehicles

6.) what about all of those live dramas that were filmed over the last umpteen years at the now defunct "district" conventions..renamed .....

7.) how about the increased number of live dramas at those conventions over the last several years

8.) the creation of JW.org....even after we ( when I was in) was told to stay off the internet.

9.) and the creation, production and dissemination of cartoon shorts to aid young ones into the truth

10.) what about televising those GREAT talks everyone always talked about

11.) How about putting more faces to "struggles" by others nationally and internationally on stage instead of those just local to your region

12.) and all of those wonderful songs, now being sung the way composers really want to project them.

13.) and now this television network to culminate 100 years of this work for the R&F and more importantly the masses.

Farfetched....not to those still in.....this creation is right on cue and absolutely awesome...

Maat

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow, it's happening even faster than I thought it would.

Even money says this state-of-the-art broadcast studio is already up and running at the Warwick HQ Little Watchtowistan.

x

When I first perused page 1 of the thread, I though they were pictures of the same set (until I saw Pat Robertson).

Anyone think that Tony "Tight Pants" Morris will host The 144,000 Club?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good point Oub, the more they try and be different the more they look identical to other cults. The whole image wreaks of bad practice, advertising and making money. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit