Oklahoma beheading - Islam is a disease

by Simon 1524 Replies latest members adult

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Confused - the Pope used to exercise authority over Kings who themselves ruled by 'divine' mandate. Under this form of government it was possible to kill apostates, call religious wars, burn those afflicted by the devil, it was required to pay church tax, trade in glebe territory was controlled by the church meaning amongst other things you couldn't trade at the market until the monastery goods were sold, education was almost exclusively run by monasteries and the laws were written with ecclesiastical oversight. These things are no longer accepted and our society is secular.

Shrugs my uncle is a professor of middle age British history and I'm studying it at the moment. Hope that's enough to show I know what I'm talking about.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"These things are no longer accepted and our society is secular."

And who is to say that this will not happen with these people if given time instead of it being forced upon them. You condemn yourself with your own words. Many Islamic countries have groups that are trying to do just that. In time they may win that battle. The same way Europeans won that battle without having it forced them by outsiders who do not appreciate or value their history or culture.

" Shrugs my uncle is a professor of middle age British history and I'm studying it at the moment. Hope that's enough to show I know what I'm talking about."

Actually it is not. The few simple facts that you quoted mean nothing and can be obtained from entry level university courses by anyone, which just so you know I have completed a long time ago so your horn tooting means nothing. As for your Uncle who is a professor of middle age British history I am sure he would gladly CORRECT your misunderstanding of the wonderful things that ISLAM did for Europe. Go ask him, maybe you can get some extra credit!!!!

Understanding one small aspect and one cultures view of society is why you xenophobic Europeans will not accept the horrible things you have done to the world and continue to prop yourselves up on your "wonderful" history yet constantly abuse and downgrade others.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Wow confused you need to chill. Don't question people's credentials if you are just being peevish.

Medieval Christianity was extreme, especially in its view of women. Secular society has moved beyond that.

Islamic society has actually contributed very little ( in fact compared to post renaissance Europe it is a minuscule amount) and now where it gains control rolls back the laws to medieval sharia law where women cannot get an education and stoning is an acceptable punishment for leaving the faith. Confused do you deny this because it reads as though you do?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

What you listed are not credentials.

" Medieval Christianity was extreme, especially in its view of women. Secular society has moved beyond that." Christianity was extreme for periods long after the 1500's.

So you think the Arab advances in astronomy, algebra, geology, chemistry, alchemy, medicine (which had it not been for arabs there would have been no European extensions on these ideas), physics etc...

Had these Arabs that you discredit not laid the groundwork for your European ancestors there would have been no renaissance. Why do you refuse to credit this culture that literally laid the foundation FOR EVERYTHING that allowed your people to advance out of the dark ages. You really need to pay more attention in class. It seems to be a common trend that Europeans tend to discredit or ignore the advancements that they stole or built upon.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sorry confused you're just too rude to talk to at the moment this has moved into a willy waving match for you. If you wish to start a thread to discuss the contributions of medieval Islamic society I will read it to see your view and arguments and may contribute if it simmers down.

It's a distraction IMO to the situation that we face now regarding the rise of Islam in opposition to the West.

• cofty
    cofty

And who is to say that this will not happen with these people if given time instead of it being forced upon them. You condemn yourself with your own words. Many Islamic countries have groups that are trying to do just that. In time they may win that battle. The same way Europeans won that battle without having it forced them by outsiders who do not appreciate or value their history or culture.

You can't argue with an ideology. When people believe that their hatred of non-members (kafir) is sanctioned by god there is little hope for progress until the basis for their ideology is discredited.

One day Islam may have it's reformation but there is no sign that moderates are standing up to condemn traditionalists.

Until then, we can only get on with protecting ourselves from their irrational hatred and violence.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Notice how confusedandalone has shifted his argument from "Islamic" advances and contributions to "Arab" advances. He actually suggested earlier, that the religion of Islam was responsible for many great contributions, and that Europe owes all of its advances to the religion of Islam. He seems to be incapable of separating the people from an aweful and barbaric modern day religion.

This thread is about a current event where an American Islam convert who has chopped his co-workers head off. If Islam is so wonderful as he claims, then why does stuff like this keep happening where the common thread is ALWAYS Islam?

• cofty
    cofty

"Islamophobic is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons."

Andrew Cummings on twitter - wrongly attributed to the late, great Christopher Hitchens.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Islamic society has actually contributed very little ( in fact compared to post renaissance Europe it is a minuscule amount) and now where it gains control rolls back the laws to medieval sharia law where women cannot get an education and stoning is an acceptable punishment for leaving the faith. Confused do you deny this because it reads as though you do?"

I am still so amazed by your ignorance of history. These people laid the building blocks for every area of study in that region. When Europeans were barely literate these Muslims had volumes of books on every imaginable subject. When Europeans thought all sickeness was punishment from god these people were already deeply involved in all forms of medicinal treatments. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT. THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO EXIT FROM THE DARK AGES for europe had it not been for these people.

You are acting as if all nations that have Muslim majoprities apply these laws to the same degree. Again your lack of knowledge and fear of what you do not know is what is causing you to assume. That same fear makes you want to just kill everythign that is diff from you. That has been Europes claim to fame. DESTROY WHAT IS DIFFERENT. Impose our will and thoughts on others.

No one debates if ISIS should be stopped, but the way you all are discrediting nations and people and religious adherents is outright disgusting and ignorant.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I think in the sence that every humun has to face their mortality we share a common goal- religion as an expression of faith natually seves this common goal.

. I think there is a big difference between the goal of a religion and organised religion.How that is expressed varies in degree in all faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit