Why do you come here?

by love2Bworldly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

I come here when I am sad about our families hating us for leaving the cult or I see them on the street or have some reminder of the awful life we used to have in the religion. So basically when Im sad, mad or feeling angry with the cult lol

• KateWild
    KateWild

I come here to vent and to help others. Comming here helped me find my way and understand my true beliefs sperate from WT. Kate xx

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I'm just here for the adds, I am now thinking of getting myself a Russian bride and I certainly know where to get the ring from ;o)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

L2BW, I feel a lot like you.

I came here to learn, now I learn what is new with WTS so I know what my wife and mother are being told.
    This is a special "club" where we understand the JW world, we "get it."

• rjharris
    rjharris

I come here to see the fruitage created in persons in their association with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. I find it a most interesting study.

The WT - and indeed all religious organizations - have done immeasurable damage to the human psyche. Many are left confused wanderers still seeking something. Some, though outside the WT organization, stay close enough to it because they are not fully convinced that it is not "the truth." Then there are others who claim themselves completely free of WT influence but still cling to many of its teachings and will even defend those teachings as truth though no scriptural substantiation (thus, still viewing the WT as the truth). And, there are those - though few - are are truly free. They have kept their senses. They have not allowed the WT to make them angry, disgruntled or vindictive. They have come to understand what the Master spoke of John 8:31 concerning remaining in his word and by strictly doing so they "will know the truth" and the truth will set them free.

These few well know that it is not remaining in the teaching of religious organizations, but the remaining in what Christ taught as "he" is the one The Most High God told us to listen to. (Luke 9:35)

These few also know what true discipleship to Christ is. It is not attending meetings or going out in "Field Service" or making Bible studies. They know that Jesus never commanded these things. Jesus never commanded that one make "Bible Studies" (disciples to the Bible), but rather to make disciples to him, the person.

These few know that just as there is only one God, there is only one Word of God - not two. They know that no book can be "The Word of God" ONLY the Christ is "The Word of God."

These few know that it was men who "chose" an authorized and named a book called the Bible and pushed it upon the world as inspired by God. They know that it was God who "chose" and "authorized" his Son as The Word of God and it is to that one we are to listen to. (Luke 9:35)

What one seeks is the truth! The truth is not within buildings and organizations of stone, metal and mortar. The truth is not within any book. The truth is only within God's Son and no one else or anything esle. In fact, he is "the truth" because he spoke and speaks what comes from God. (John 14:6)

So when JWs, for example, ask others, "Are you in the truth?" what are they asking? They are asking if the person is a Jehovah's Witness within the WTBTS. Thus, it is an organization that has usurped what belongs only to Christ as only Christ is "The Truth" and we are to be "in him." (membered with him).

The Watch Tower Baptismal vow is a vow to service "the organization" not to Christ. Read the second part of that vow as found in the June 1, 1985 issue of the Watchtower magazine, page 29:

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?"

So not only does the WT teach that it is "the truth" but also "the way." How is that? Because its baptismal vow states that one is a servant of God only if one is associated with "God's spirit-directed organization." In other words, it is only through an organization that one can come to God.

Jesus says something quite different in that heis the only way to God the Father. (John 14:6)

Does the WT organizaton claim itself to be "the life?" Yes, it does. How? Because it teaches that all with it are in a "spiritual paradise."

Yet, Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. Yet, an organization has cleverly subtly usurped those three roles that belong only to God's Son.

No organization claiming to be of God and Christ would be so problem-ridden internally if it were truly from God. There exists today no religious organization that comes from God because God did not send his Son to establish any religion or system of religion or religious organization. It is man who makes that assumption.

What God will establish on the earth is yet to come! Why would people think God has established something called Christianity on the earth? Christ certainly never spoke of such a thing and never used the expressions "Christianity" or "Christian(s)." So where did they come from? Men!

Thus, today most persons believe and follow what men tell them to believe and follow, not what Christ tells them. If a religious organizations says you are to be called Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, etc people believe them and follow suit.

If Jesus says just be called my "disciples" they will not be called by this. They all insist on some fancy man-made name or title!

If Christ is listened to instead of bulk religious organizations, one will fare much better because they see only their true Head and ONLY Teacher: The Son of God.

• KateWild
    KateWild

There are also some that come here to proselytise and preach their version of "truth". Kate xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I come here to:

1. Counter-balance the insanity of being an active Witness.

2. Learn the truth about the Bible.

3. Keep up with things in the org. which I would miss because I don't pay attention at meetings

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

I think what Kate said is struck a huge chord with me. I never really had my own belief system. My values, sense of right and wrong, my freaking conscience were supposed to be tied to the WT rules. Coming out has been difficult in some ways because I then realized I saw bday celebrations, and xmas the same way I looked at lying, cheating and stealing. Needed and still need to hone my own conscience/

This lovely group has taught me a lot. I come here to read off experiences from others, who as some said "get it"! I come to get excited to see a newbie secretly hoping it's someone I know. So many genuinely nice people from my cong trapped in that relgion. I wonder what they would do if they saw through this scam.

Another reason I'm here is selfish. I need to "keep up". Since I skype with the folks pretty often, I must be careful about what I say to them. They imagine I'm still going to the meetings so I'll have to make sure I say the right things. Blondies comments you won't hear at the WT study are such a BIG help. Thank YOU blondie!!

Finally, I fantasize that some deep dark scandal potentially from a WT insider gets posted here.

So many reasons why I come here. Big hi-fiv3, hugs and bises to the amazing people that respond each time with kind words and real advice evertime I'm in a conundrum. Ur the heart and soul of this group.

• flipper
    flipper

LOVE2BWORLDLY- I come here to give support to others who have exited the JW cult and receive support from others who have exited the JW cult. You are right- not many people who are non-Witnesses in the real world can understand what we've been through so it's nice being able to open up to people who have walked in our own shoes and experiences. I guess we are some sort of a " club " - although I've never really looked at it that way- I look at it more as we are all SURVIVORS of cult mind control and cult abuse by a crimial and unscrupulous organization - so if that makes us part of a club- yeah, I'm cool with that . LOL !

I also come here to see the latest WT information or drivel to see what my 2 JW daughters are being taught so as to be aware of what information is lately being pounded into their brains so as to know how to communicate carefully with them. I althreads on here to make people aware of WT Society injustices so ex-JW's or lurking JW's can be aware of WT crimes being committed. So several reasons I am here

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

There are also some that come here to proselytise and preach their version of "truth".

The worst offenders are the ones who have never had any connection to JWs at all, but simply come here looking for vulnerable, lost souls to save exploit.

Personally, I come here mostly for the people. As others have pointed out, there are people who have had the same life experiences as me. I can also find a discussion about pretty much any topic, not just those related to JWs. But even though I haven't been to a meeting in almost 9 years, there are still times I feel like venting about the WT. It's good to do it with people who actually get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit