Why do you come here?

by love2Bworldly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• a watcher
    a watcher

I come here to get advanced notice on changes coming to the congregations that I'm going to have to adapt to, like the new "tithing" arrangement. I'm glad I got a "heads-up" on that one. It was a whopper.

The "weeping and gnashing" pity parties on here I'm not much interested in.

• Simon
    Simon

The worst offenders are the ones who have never had any connection to JWs at all, but simply come here looking for vulnerable, lost souls to save exploit.

I agree completely.

I give them a chance to 'have an opinion' but there is no reasoning with them and they have no self-control. It's like religious turrets syndrome - endlessly blurting out jesus-jingo.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

For confirmation bias, I suppose. It's comforting to know I'm not alone. I've also got a variety of advise ont his site to help navigate unchartered territories. Additionally, I am hoping to help others. We are all in this together.

• Thetis
    Thetis

It makes me feel less alone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "It's like religious turrets syndrome - endlessly blurting out jesus-jingo."

Did you mean "tourette's syndrome"?

If so, "endlessly blurting out jesus-jingo" just put the weirdest image in my head...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well it saves me money going on the hunt...Every time i log on this site i get adds offering me beautiful russian women, adds offering me very beautiful Latin women, or adds offering me very,very beautiful Asian women...Am i ready to meet a charming Russian?

• Gregor
    Gregor

not to mention the generous stipend Simon sends to active members. Minimus lives on it.

• jam
    jam

To keep my sanity. Before I found this place in 2005, WOW I thought I

was alone. My circumstances were so unique (DF). You folks don't

realize how you guys pulled me out of the depth of hell. I know

for a fact there are others here that is having a hard time, they are hurting.

I'm playing it forward...

• jam
    jam

LOL, Paying it forward.

• Gregor
    Gregor

you tickled yourself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit