Why do you come here?

by love2Bworldly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This place helped confirm to me that the increasing number of disquieting little issues I was having with the Org were real and valid... and helped me realize just how not alone I was in having those issues.

x

Also, I get the occasional PM from lurkers who have thanked my for my logic and reasoning whilst deconstructing WT ideology (who knew, right? ), so I figure I can maybe do some good by sticking around.

x

Not to mention that this is the place to get WT-related news long before anywhere alse.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i don't read any WT articles anymore, i come here to benefit from those that do and share the "new light" so I can watch more football

• Giordano
    Giordano

I come here at least once every day because even after being 'out' for over four decades........ I still remember and understand our shared experience. I understand the culture we shared, the language, the nuance.......... even those things left unsaid are as familar to me as if I left yesterday.

This is like finding one's lost tribe and easily fitting back into a large community again only this time it's a kinder and smarter community.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "This is like finding one's lost tribe..."

I know, right?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It's interesting, supportive and social.

I really enjoy reading different posts and getting the latest updates on the Borg.

Some great people on here.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

new hope and happiness-- you can forget the deodorant on here LOL

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am hoping that one day, old friends will find themselves awake to Watchtower's lies and will post here. What fun!

This morning as I was driving by, I saw an old JW friend in her front garden. I could have stopped and caught up with her, but I am not interested in people's lives that still Believe. Their lives are old and stale and many are depressed, marking time, waiting just for The End... That, of course, never will come! I had a plastic 'theocratic' smile plastered on my face for most of my life. I can't do that anymore. Now that I know TTATT, I don't think I can handle listening to people getting excited about what the latest nu -lite from the GB is. I don't want to go ape like, lol, on them and tell them stop being a WT free slave drone!!! Wake up. Wake up and use your reasoning skills and get on with your life! lol That would not be socially acceptable. lol

JWN is my playground. I very much dislike people fighting, the character assassinations especially but I don't have to read those people's posts.

For me reading here, I needed to understand what the heck was it all about? How could I and so many other's, have been so gullible??? How could those above us, have called themselves Christian and been so cruel and abusive , to not just a few, but to so many??? How could I have thought I was in the one true religion??? lol

Now, I am enlightened. lol

Thank you JWN and all of those who participate in commenting here. It has helped heal my heart and mind.

LL

• kairos
    kairos

Leaving the Watchtower was one of the most difficult and painful experiences I have ever faced in life.

I come here every day to veryify that I have not made the wrong choice by waking up.

• donnye
    donnye

I come here now and again, to strengthen my backbone when the swimming pool down the road is closed for refurbishment. Also, there are a few nice people here who still have Jehovah in their heart.

Presumably this is a dot net website because the hope is to trap people in a net. Some here are more like animals, with their filthy, vulgar language, which cannot even be reported and removed.

Talk amongst yourselves. The swimming pool re-opens today :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

When I was a witness going from D2D , I just hoped I had planted a seed. , and it is much the same here , I just hope I can plant a seed of doubt especially with newbies so they will investigate further what they beleive and accept as true.

I never knew what success I had in my 33 years witnessing for the cult (hopefully none ) and I will never know what success i may have here. (hopefully some) even if it is to just get them thinking.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit