Why do you come here?

by love2Bworldly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• LogCon
    LogCon

I come here:

1 - To learn things about the 'organization' that I would never have known otherwise.

2 - To get the perspective of those who have been part of the 'organization', both pro and con.

3 - To see where falsehoods and misinformation have been fed to the 'sheep'.

4 - To understand the historical foundation of the 'organization'.

5 - To give my perspective.

6 - To further the honourable cause of 'truth telling'.

7 - To have a more accurate understanding of the Bible.

8 - To see the comments of certifiable 'wing nuts'.

9 - To sympathize with those who seemingly have been wronged in their treatment by the 'organization'.

10 - To find posters and comments that agree with my thinking.

11 - To fill in the empty evening hours with nothing else to do.

12 - To justify decades of time and energy spent supporting the 'organization'.

13 - To add to the information I feel I need, to figure out 'why I am on this planet and where I am going from here'.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I really don't know.

I've spent some time recently reviewing some of my old posts and even though Ive not been a witness for some years it still feels sort of alien, weird, to have posted some of the things I have.

I find it irritates me that I've felt a need to. It irritates me that I've had to defend my position when ive spoken to elders. It goes against the grain for me.

• prologos
    prologos

Classic: "turrets syndrome" by simon

confined in the turret of the W-TOWER or other terminal religious prison (institution)

Logcon well expressed for me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit