Why do you come here?

by love2Bworldly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I come here to learn, but I also come here because it feels like a private club and I'm privy to be a member of the "in" crowd. It's a great place to socialize. Does anyone else feel that they are a member of a special "club" when they come here, that only some people in this world will understand the JW world?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

In fact, I feel so accepted here and people on the whole are so friendly and it's such the opposite of the JW world where I felt like an outcast even within the JW world.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Why do you come here?

Romans 9:26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ------> ‘YOU are not my people,’

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ------> that are excluding YOU by reason of my name

I come here for the chance to read what the 'sons of the living God' might have to say.

Can you think of a better place where I might find them?

abe

• jam
    jam

Hebrews 10;25.. to exhort one another, so much the more

as you see the Day approaching, the day of the fall of the cult...

• label licker
    label licker

It's like confirmation(making sure of what you want) to never go back. Remember when you joined the ministry school, you had to go talk to an elder for confirmation? And he said your in and will sign you up? Then, you needed confirmation to get baptized so you had to answer over one hundred questions and then you were confirmed and got baptized? Then, you had to be confirmed when you went to auxillary pioneer and when we wanted to pioneer, my husband and I had to sit through three hours of three elders, two of which tried to turn us off from pioneering and one elder fighting on our behalf by telling us to just say yes and take it up the ass, then we were allowed to pioneer. Same with working at the bethel farm. Well, now we use this sight as our confirmation to never ever ever get sucked into any other religion especially this cult ever again! Thank god for this site, JWFacts and JWSurvey. This is why we come here, to reconfirm our confirmation of never going back and to show others

I wish we would have come here first before joining this cult for I might have read it a few times and that would have been the end of it instead of losing everything over night and having no reason or basis for our dismissal. All because we stopped going, period. Years and money gone down the toilet but this evil cult has made us more aware of what's lurking in our world around us. For that I guess I am grateful.

• watson
    watson

Since I don't attend meetings anymore, this helps me keep pace with the org.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

I come here to see how far some have ventured into the apostate Bethel "rabbit hole" to explain what is below the tip of the iceberg of the true organizational mechanics. Few venture further but some do realize it is a bit more than meets the eye at work in Bethel.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Leaving the organization was so, so traumatic for me. I want to just be here for others, going through the same thing.

I feel like I spent my whole life prostelitizing for JW, now I have to help undo the lies I told going door to door.

• prologos
    prologos

Where else could I find individuals that have so much in common with my life experience, aspirations, conclusions? including

having found the wt world wanting?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Great answers. Every one is a great refute of those who say they have "outgrown" the need for being here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit