Blown away-- where to go from here

by All for show 83 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here AFS. It can be quite daunting realising its all nonsense. Don't worry though, and put your children first. You can instill good morals into them without anyone else's help. I walked out if an assembly as soon as they spoke of living in a spiritual paradise, it made me feel physically sick knowing first hand how most are treated if you don't fit into the clique.

Take your time, enjoy the journey.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. You are in for a bumpy ride for a while. It will be thrilling and terrifying at the same time but freedom is worth any price.

Best wishes.

• cofty
    cofty

I believe in Jehovah and his son, but then sometimes I doubt that. I am not ready to relinquish my belief in God. But, to believe and be raised as a JW, was just a waste Of the last 37 years?

"Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing." - Thomas Henry Huxley

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum All for Show.

There's a lot of people (JWS) who are starting to wake up to the fact that the WTS. could very well be a pretentious fraud made up to proliferate literature

of which this organization publishes.

To answer why this is happening now might have something to do with the fact that nothing has happened to what the WTS said was going to happen all throughout

the 20th century and even before.

Decades and decades of proclaiming that mankind is living in its last days since Jesus's supposedly taking his position of his heavenly kingdom in 1914

has resulted in nothing at all.

Throughout those decades the WTS. exploited people to distribute their literature and preach these very extraneous doctrines.

Along with this distribution came strict adherence to how one dresses to the length of hair one was to have and even men not to wear a beard.

Why ? because the WTS wanted people to represent the WTS. is the best possible way (image) as its designated sales representatives.

This directional control over people created a surmountable power structure for the leaders of the WTS., a formulated power semblance that was

originally founded by the likes of J Rutherford who was not an actual academic bible theologian but a lawyer. From this man and the ones to follow

there was a continuance of deceit orchestrated to deliberately and intensionally attract attention to the WTS's published goods and have them

circulated to the public by devoted followers.

The story proceeds from there.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Take your time and thoroughly research the history of the denomination.

It may help to have your husband assist you.

Within a month of serious research you will realize what many of us found out.

We were deceived by a bunch of false prophets.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome, All for Show!

I think your term "halfer" is excellent! Wonderful that you have thinking parents and a thinking husband.

Continue your research, SLOWLY feed the information to your husband, be ready to back up what you are telling him with more than one source. You should soon be able to show him where the jw's have cherry picked scriptures and twisted them to suit their doctrine, and be able to show him what those really mean.

He is a wise man, not caring what anyone thinks. I agree with him that you are answerable to God, not to some judgemental men. Not being a witness does not mean you have to give up your faith in God and His Son. In time, you may decide to take a look at other churches, including non-denominational. Who knows, perhaps in a few years, some of your other thinking family members may ask you questions and follow you out.

Your children's friends parents can become your friends over time. Anything you decide to join in the form of clubs, orgs., etc., will have people to socialize with. Do you know many of your neighbors? Do you socialize with them? Co- workers? Tthere are many social outlets if you're willing to put yourself out there.

All the best to you on this journey.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome and good luck with your journey

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its going to be a hell of a ride, so strap yourself in hold on. Take it slow and allow yourself time to process.

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

Welcome All for Show. Once you see behind the curtain, the world is changed forever. When you become awakened to the scam and the lies and the mis-information, you just can't get over it. You will start thinking about leaving all the time now. Take your time with research and think it through. Check out Barbara Anderson. Consult a King James bible too, as the NWT is the worst translation out there. You will be suprised how anti-christ JW.org is as you learn more. I'm not pushing this idea, but leaving the society (if you choose to do so) is the first best step in establishing a true relationship with Christ and God (Jehova). You will see that your desire to be a true christian will be fullfilled by leaving the org, and developing a personal relationship with Christ. You will meet so many really beautiful human beings that are "worldly people". There are so many "bible-based" churches that use King James only and focus not on being 501C-3 mega churches or feel good new-agey places - but have and preach good old bible based theology. Good luck to you and your family.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Welcome afs and yes it certainly is.

I refused to force my son to obey the wbts.

Adults should be wise and make the tough choices for the family.

There are a lot of cults in the world.

Good luck (oops)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit