Blown away-- where to go from here

by All for show 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

FANTASTIC THREAD!!!!! Thank you, All For Show!

• sunny23
    sunny23

Welcome AllForShow! I second what LoisLane just posted before me. Read everything you can about JW blood doctrine at JWFacts.com and then come back here and read this well developed thread about blood transfusions and the NWT here. Get your husband on board with the realisation that the lives of your children here on earth are in fact very precious and to preserve their lives is an exemption from biblical law as jesus pointed out to the pharacies while healing on the sabath day.

Take time and study/research one topic at a time and examine all facts and all viewpoints. If it is "the truth" then it can withstand any scrutiny right? You are well educated and not easily persuaded by mere opinions or twisted interpretations. Use reason, logic, and evidence to make very important decisions spiritually and elsewhere in guiding the lives of your family. College taught me a bit about the types of logical fallacies and I started noticing good use of these in watchtowers. I always doubted the blood transfusion logic they used and 1914 but it wasn't until the latest "generation" change with "new light" around 2009 that I started doing real critical research.

You acknowledge that "JW's are some of the most depressed, unhappy, arrogant, broke, pompous people I know," so don't just follow blindly anymore, take full control of your future happiness. Not All of JW's are moral/good people and it's been shown to not need any religion to be moral/good. Instill values you know YOU have and your traits of care, loving-kindness, non-prejudice, truth seeking intelectualism into your children and they will have an even bigger slice of happiness that the JW's may have so far kept you from having. Good luck and I respect your difficult and bold steps to prepare your family for the best possible life you can provide them with!

• jhine
    jhine

Hi , all for show . It seems that you are having a roller coaster of a time right now .

You say that you still believe in Jehovah and Jesus but I suspect that you maybe confused what to believe having found out that the Watchtower has been steering you wrong for many years . I am a never a JW , a member of the Anglican church (Trinitarian , I had better make clear now ) If I can answer any questions from a different perspective than that of the org. please pm me .

You will get lots of good advice and support here from people who have been through what you are going through now . They have gone off onto many different paths and each must choose their own ,just get as much information as you can to make informed choices .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome AFS.

You are on a road most travelled. I myself was born in to the cult.....and it is a cult.

Do not be afraid to ask questions here to get a variety of opinions.

I am glad you have woken up.

Time to fade from the meetings. The further you are away from the cult is the more pathetic it will seem.

The WBT$ is out of touch with real life and only interested in making money.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Welcome AllForShow. I, and many others here, can really empathise as we are or have been in a very similar boat. I am still executing a long game after 2 years of reasearch and getting to know TTATT. Don't be in a rush to fill what you think you are losing with something else. Keep researching the alternatives until logic, reason and evidence help you decide what you think are the reasonable options. My belief in the vast majority of WT docitrine crashed down in a very short space of time but I am still working some things out thanks to years of being spoon fed my base attitudes. It can take time so don't be afraid to reasearch what you would have dismissed out of hand a few weeks ago.

Keep in touch on the site, ask questions and let us know how you are doing.

ATB. K99

• smiddy
    smiddy

All for Show

My 2 cents worth , whatever questions come up into the mind , check out the search option at the top of this page and use it .

It will save countless hours in researching information.

This forum has been operating about 12 years now and their have been and are some very knowledgable people contributing information.

Good luck on your journey and hopefully your husband and children will follow you to know the TTATT.

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Nice and steady as you go for time is on your side.

• bemused
    bemused

Hi AFS and thanks for sharing your story.

I was never a witness but am concerned about relatives who are, hence my visits here. All individual circumstances are different but, from what I've read here, fading from the org generally seems to be the easiest way out. Confrontations, judicial hearings etc seem to cause a lot of heartache and I've never really understood why anyone would want to go through that, even if there is an element of catharsis in 'having your say'.

Others on here are much better informed than I am about flaws in WT doctrine but if you're looking to read wider than that then I strongly recommend 'The Magic of Reality' by Richard Dawkins. It's quite short and very readable and even if you retain a belief in a creator at least you'll understand where many atheists are coming from.

Best wishes

Bemused

• jemba
    jemba

I never felt such relief as when I found out the truth about the cult. I am so happy not to have to raise my kids the way someone else sees fit. We have given them such a wide variety of experiences and values they never could have had in the religion. Good luck AFS I hope you all find your way out to freedom. Unfortunately it does come with the loss of all of our families who even though weve faded want nothing to do with us.... Their choice.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Welcome All for Show!

Thanks for sharing your story, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

I remember looking around the Kingdom Hall during meetings seeing the false impression of friendship and happiness. It's like being the only 'okay people' in a zombie movie, and like the movies, once they realise you are 'okay'... they bite; you might want to pack a baseball bat in your Jehovah bag. Oh wait, maybe people do not have bags anymore, just iPads?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit