Blown away-- where to go from here

by All for show 83 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If you haven't stumbled upon it already, jwfacts.com is another great place to go to research the organization. If you're like me, you'll be amazed at how deep the flaws are. I saw a few flaws here and there (like you, I took issue with the stance on education especially, among a few others) but after reading through jwfacts it amazed me at how deep the flaws went.

It's always good to hear of another person waking up out of this cult. I hope your husband comes to his senses quickly, as that will make the transition much easier for you than it has been so far for me.

Good luck on your journey!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Isn't it an amazing feeling to find out you are not alone ,and that there is NOT something wrong with you ???? I remeber my first time reading this forum I was BLOWN away .I had spent a couple of yrs thinking it was just me that was seeing some major flaws with in my religion.,

I was born in ,and raised as a witness, and then walked away after 44 yrs. It took some adjusting . The best advice I was given at that time was this _ Don't think you have to have all the answers at once ! It is okay not to know everything . Take your time reading researching ,and then just mulling over what you find .

In my case I left still believing in the Bible ,Jesus and Jehovah ,but then over the course of the last ten yrs my beliefs have changed . The whole point of leaving a controlling cult like organization is to now think for yourself ,and make your own decisions ! You Know that evil ,evil thing called Independant thinking ....yeah it is pretty great !

WELCOME ,ENJOY

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WELCOME "All For Show" ! So glad to have you with us.

Where you are, we once have been. It is a long road to travel, it can change your life , but it is necessary to find the liberating freeness of The Truth About The Truth.

Please keep reading, researching and proceed as you want , at your own time . We are always here for you.......

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome 'all for show' you have a great story thank you for sharing. We wish you all the best in your awakening and your journey. It sounds like it won't take much to wake your hubby.

All the best Kate xx

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, All For Show!

• All for show
    All for show

Thanks to everyone responding! Yes I am very overwhelmed with it all. I have been on jw facts.com and it is incredibly overwhelming. I don't know where to begin or end.

My husband doesn't care what people think, never has, so he feels he trusts in Jehovah and no one else. He doesn't mind we look spiritually weak or irresponsible plus having so many children (which you know in the KH with weak attendance assume our children are doomed at Armageddon). He believes Jehovah is the only one to judge so why waste time with people And their opinions. I wish I had that confidence. I care what people think and JWs always think the worst.

who doesn't want friends? Or to fit in? We both feel horrible when we leave meeting, unworthy, beat down, wasted our time, and unappreciated. Really, is this how we should feel? From the platform they say the same company line, "we are the happiest people". Everyone nods in agreement knowing it's a lie.

I find the idea uncomfortable of not raising my kids in a 'church' since that is the only thing I know from my childhood. Anyone have advice, experience? I have let him know all the things I don't like about our faith, and he is open and listens. He says there is no reason to rush thinga, our children are still young. I would like to call myself a halfer, half in, half out, half believe, half don't believe. Or, just confused.

• Perry
    Perry
    Blown away-- where to go from here

Hi there All for Show, and welcome. I too was a 4th gen born-in (regular pioneer) with lots of elders and MS in my immediate and extended family. Congratulations on waking up.

When Jesus asked Peter if he also did not want to leave him when faced with something he did not understand, Peter asked, "Lord, to whom shall we go away to"?

I have personally found that to be an extremely relevant question at different stages in my life after the Tower. The subtelty from "where" to "whom" is easy to miss but makes all the difference in the world.

My wife and I & three children go to a non-denominational bible church with traditional music and services. We have really "taken off" as a family since joining and learning about the basics - justification, sanctification, salvation, substitutional atonement ....etc.

My website is www.bibleready.org

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome Afs. the ipad version; take it easy for a few dayes, allow yourself to catch your breath and see nothing happends. be particulary carefull with your husband.

• prologos
    prologos

All for show;-- welcome, how well placed you are with your level of education.

remember, as you said, you are respected by the community at large (and the one here} and looked down upon by those at the "Hall".

Where THEIR heart is, let your treasure be.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Thanks to everyone responding! Yes I am very overwhelmed with it all. I have been on jw facts.com and it is incredibly overwhelming. I don't know where to begin or end.

Take your time, and go one topic at a time. Pick things that interest you and read through first. Since you've mentioned that education is important to you, the section about "Misquotes, deception and lies" might interest you - the section on the misquotes in the creation book was what finally shattered any illusion that it could be "God's earthly organization" for me. What they put in that book ranges from intellectual dishonesty to outright lies.

Research is important. It's not unheard of for people who are having doubts to start having 'doubts about their doubts.' Depending on how indoctrinated you were (doesn't sound like you were so bad off) you may begin to doubt yourself or think that maybe you just want to leave out of selfish motivations. That's when all the research that you'll do now will pay off - you can fall back on what you learn to assure yourself that you're not wrong to leave behind the lies of this man-made religion. Posting your feelings here can also help, as you've seen there are thousands here who are going through exactly the same things you are. Your posts are also very likely to be helpful to many more looking for support that are too afraid to post for themselves or for those who stumble upon them in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit