the flood, mammoths, elphants, and food.

by Crazyguy 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane

Actually, scratch that, I think I forgot to change an order of magnitude somewhere, as in forgot to change from meters to kilometers or something like that.

Current mass of Earth is 5.9726*10^24 kg.

Radius of the Earth is 6374500 meters, giving us 9.8 m/s^2 gravitational acceleration at the surface. Factor in the height of Everest (8848M) and it's about 9.7 m/s^2.

So, water is about 994 kg/cubic meter, the average density of the earth is about 5500 kg/cubic meter.

I am, using the standard formula 4*3.14159*r^3/3 for volume of a sphere, coming up with a 9% difference in volume between sea level and the height of Everest, or about 9.94*10^19 cubic meters, way less than the current volume of of earth (but still more water than there is on earth today)

The problem is now...do we assume the water here today (about 1.38*10^12 cubic meters), was here, part of it was here, etc.? There had to be SOME water. Anyway, we do have to take our the volume of the dry land that is above sea level today. There are about 361 million km^2 of land times an average of 840 m elevation.

Plugging the mass of the earth, additional mass of the water MINUS the approximate volume dry land on Earth PLUS the additional 8848 meters into Wolfram Alpha, shows a gravitational acceleration at Everest with all of the water as... 9.94 m/s^2, slightly higher gravity.

I was still wrong, but at least I know know why. All of this, BTW, is rough math. Point out any errors I may have made...

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

From an historical point of view the flood believers have great trouble in making it possible that the Bible time schedule could be correct. The WBTS, are saying that the flood took place in or about 4300 years ago.

Historians have known that since Champollion 200 years ago cracked the Hieroglyphics from the ancient Egypt, They are written on stone full proof that Pharaoh Menes build his grave tombs in the pyramids in the year of 2470 BC. These letters are written in stones no paper or parchment or papyrus that have been destroyed several thousand years ago and re-written, translated vanished and rewritten, translated over and over again. These hieroglyphics are still existing in originals plates and they tells us chronicals (as in the Bible) in order of all the Pharaohs that have existed from the “old kingdom” to the third dynasty.

Now, how could Pharaoh build the pyramids, which must have several thousands of stone workers only a few years after the flood when only 8 people survived? Did good provide pharaoh with another “miracle”? In fact Menes also mentions the name of his forefather, which was not Noah or any of his sons.

Bugbear

• prologos
    prologos

Crazyguy, re your question: think about it this way, (just as a fun exercise for there was no Noachian flood) :

An Ocean just covering Mt Everest would be 50 km bigger than the one we have now. That is right: instead of 40 000 km, an around-the-world cruise would be 40 050 km long. A .00125% or ~1/800 increase. Any slice of our atmosphere at that new heights would have to stretch into a ~ 1/1000 times bigger volume. It would be a thinned slice reading 1000 millibars instead of 1001.

There would hardly be any apparent adiabatic cooling, or increased airpressure in the new, 'above-the-flood' atmosphere . The small kpc increase would be equivalent to the one experienced when climbing to the top of one of the taller trees, now and here.

Gravity (that causes airpressure) would be not appreciably changed either, loss with the 8km additional radius 1/765 of the total, would be ~compensated by the mass of water that would have replaced the thousands of times lighter air.

Noah and Company would be dead long before they reached that heights, for all the other reasons posted here, but

would not have noticed, nor possibly died of frostbite or asphixiation. to the contrary.

• prologos
    prologos

CrazyGuy, trees are tall in California and date almost back to the fictional flood, but the airpressure difference and temperature drop between pre-flood sea level and sloshing over Everest would be BETTER compared to the experience of taking a lift on "THE EYE", the Ferris Wheel in London.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Prologos, you've still made a lot of suspect claims and said math would prove it. Still waiting.

• prologos
    prologos

Viviane, about gravity inside an entity, empty shell :

In the center of the earth there is no gravity, mass is balanced all around it. If you start removing matter, without having to worry about pressure, in layer after layer like an onion, hollowed out, the zero, balanced gravity at the center would remain. now, how about ANY point inside that inner spherical cavity? There is no gravity anywhere in this ideal space, even against the inner wall. The greater proximity of the small mass perfectly balances the greater mass at a distance. You could freely float inside the hollowe-out earth. As a crollary,

To obtain the strength of gravity at ANY point inside the earth, one can ignore all the overlaying mass and just calculate the mass, size of the inner globe defining the radius. Ignoring the varying densities of the crust, mantel to the inner core, the decline in gravity is linear to the zero value at the center, max at the surface.

I deliberately did no remove the mistake of having the water canopy's gravity pull up-ward, because in the traditional picture of the world, the earth was flat, the firmament only a half-dome and the water there, lacking the circular shape below the horizon would indeed only pull up.

All this fun fantasy is based on the tale of gen 9, taken literally.

The ark, would have disintregated long before getting the supposed lift. even the best wood , lamination & glue-bonding do not allow such a vessel to stay together.

• Viviane
    Viviane

In the center of the earth there is no gravity, mass is balanced all around it

Nope. There is absolutely gravity.

If you start removing matter, without having to worry about pressure, in layer after layer like an onion, hollowed out, the zero, balanced gravity at the center would remain.

That doesn't even not make sense it's so off.

To obtain the strength of gravity at ANY point inside the earth, one can ignore all the overlaying mass and just calculate the mass

How is "overlaying mass" different from "mass"?

I deliberately did no remove the mistake of having the water canopy's gravity pull up-ward, because in the traditional picture of the world, the earth was flat, the firmament only a half-dome and the water there, lacking the circular shape below the horizon would indeed only pull up.

And the ancient view of the earth has nothing to do with how gravity works.

• prologos
    prologos

Vivian you are not reading ideas, If you want to educate yourself on these matters, do your research.

At the center of a perfect sphere, you would experience no gravitational pull.

There is no gravitational pull any where in the inside of a perfect spherical shell.

Gravitational pull is at the maximum outside adjacent to the surface and declines at the inverse of the square of the distance to infinity, but

falls in linear (for an idealbody) to zero at the center.

If you dont believe it, please do research, you are in for another surprising learning experience. .

• Viviane
    Viviane

Vivian you are not reading ideas, If you want to educate yourself on these matters, do your research.

I don't need to do research to know that claiming mass in the center of a planet is gravitationally neutral. You claimed you could do the math to show it. Please do. Go to Wolfram Alpha or End Memo and calculate the gravitaional attraction of the earth without the core, or without the outer shell, show your work and results. It should be trivially easy. We'll ignore the resulting collapse of the earth should it go missing.

I showed my math earlier. You should be able to also. Back up your claims rather than lazily saying "research it".

At the center of a perfect sphere, you would experience no gravitational pull.

First it was an out shell, then balanced gravity, now no gravity. Clearly and concisely state what you are trying to say using consistent, common terms. You keep changing terms making it hard to figure out what you are saying. For instance, when you say "you", do you mean a human? When you say perfect, do you mean perfect in shape?

Please be specific.

There is no gravitational pull any where in the inside of a perfect spherical shell.

That is clearly and easily demonstrably wrong.

Gravitational pull is at the maximum outside adjacent to the surface and declines at the inverse of the square of the distance to infinity, but falls in linear (for an idealbody) to zero at the center.

But you just said there was no gravitaional pull ANYWHERE in the inside. The very next sentence you say something different. Which is it? Please show your work.

If you dont believe it, please do research, you are in for another surprising learning experience.

The only thing that surprises me is how often you are wrong, refuse to show referernces and can't read a simple chart.

You have all of your work ahead of you. You've said you could show math (not done it), mixed and matched terms (need to clearly state what you are trying to say), and contradicted yourself in the space of two sentences.

Fix that and we can discuss. Saying "research it" is lazy and cheap and you'll get called out on it every time. I showed my work, I even showed I was wrong. You need to step up or step back.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why even have a god-damned flood in the first place?!?!? If GOD knew which angels were boinking human females, why not disintergrate the bad angels? Why let them knock up some humans and then wait around UNTIL THEIR GIANT KIDS WREAK HAVOC?? What the hell was GOD doing?

Also, for the sake of argument, couldn't GOD have aborted the Nephilim?? He performed an immaculate conception, so why not just stop the giants from being born? This is assuming that GOD knew about the boinking, but couldn't stop it. If GOD in all-knowing then he could have stopped it. Then again, maybe he wanted to kill millions of animals and people for some reason?

Global Flood: pretty damn dumb.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit