the flood, mammoths, elphants, and food.

by Crazyguy 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jws
    jws

It's true, that can be used as an explanation. There's nothing in the account about the animals being active during their time inside the Ark.

If all of the animals were hibernating, how could Noah send out birds to see if there was any dry land?

First of all, all species would not fit, even if you brought infants. Not to mention the precarious position any species would be in with only 2 members to repopulate.

Not all species are built to hibernate. Bears and other animals are built to bulk up and have food for their body to survive on because there is still a beating heart and that requires energy.

So, lots of miracles. If the animals were conscious, the job of caring for them and feeding them is WAY beyond the capabilites of 8 people. Just divide the millions of species by 8 people and calculate how many species would have to be tended to every minute.

And not only did miracles have to happen inside the ark, but also outside. Noah didn't bring fish. And what happened when fresh and salt water mixed? Many salt water fish die when the saline soution is even a little off. Many freshwater fish die in saltwater.

And what about the plants? Keeping them alive and able to reproduce after a year under saltwater. Not to mention that afterwards, there must have been a lot of salt residue above and soaked into the ground. How is anything supposed to grow?

Which comes to the entire point. God would have had to perform so many miracles to make this happen. Any intelligent person would have just zapped the bad people. There's an account of one angel killing over 100,000 in one night (forget the exact count). With thousands or millions of angels at his disposal, wouldn't it have been quick work to kill all the people? That's what an intelligent creator would do. Wouldn't he have to dispatch even more angels to preserve all the fish, animals, etc. To help with the ton of miracles needed to do the ark?

If I get mice in my garage and attic, I put out poison and/or traps. I don't grab what I want to save and demolish the house.

• SG098
    SG098

" .....Not to mention the precarious position any species would be in with only 2 members to repopulate."

Lets not forget that there were 7 animals of most types of species brought on board of the ark.

Genesis 7:2-3

"2 You must take with you every kind of clean animal by sevens, the male and its mate; and of every animal that is not clean just two, the male and its mate; 3 also of the flying creatures of the sky by sevens, male and female, to preserve their offspring alive over all the earth."

To all who believes this story; ive got ocean front property in Arizona I would love to sell you.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Billy the ex-Bethelite I believe it was who had an excellent thread on the Biblical Flood Myth and its weakness. One he pointed out was the Koala bear.

Lives on Eycalyptus leaves, (smells like 'em too, but I digress), sleeps most of every 24 hours. Yet somehow got from Ararat to Australia, which would have taken many decades and lives of Koalas with all that sleep, with no E. Leaves to eat, and left not a skeleton or any trace on the way .

Oh I forgot, Goddidit.

Thank goodness for Goddidit and miracles, no need for Facts and Reason then.

To take the Bible as Literal in any of its maunderings is a very silly thing to do.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Billy the Ex Bethelite did a cracking one on the Tower of Babel that I saved:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202031/1/Tower-of-Babel-built-by-Babies

• Heaven
    Heaven

I miss Billy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jws - "If I get mice in my garage and attic, I put out poison and/or traps. I don't grab what I want to save and demolish the house."

Reminds me of an old Bush-II-era joke:

x

"How many neocons does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None. They just 'declare war on evil' and burn down the house."

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

According to the WT evolution doesn't exist. Except for after the flood where a super, hyper fast evolution took place and created the abundance of species we see today but didn't result in any new "kinds."

Or something.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Didn't any of you watch the movie? They put all the animals to sleep with magic smoke.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jgnat - "Didn't any of you watch the movie? They put all the animals to sleep with magic smoke."

My kids and I liked that movie (I even got ahold of a region-free 3D blu-ray from overseas).

I didn't find it triggering; I simply viewed it as just another adaptation of famous literary myth/fantasy fiction, like Clash of the Titans or Snow White and the Huntsman.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Agreed, Vidiot, though hubby hated it. Not "accurate" enough for him.

I thought it was a kind movie for Rusell Crowe, who got to exercise his thespian chops. That Noah had a very, very complicated relationship with his God. I am also pleased they included the drunk and naked scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit