the flood, mammoths, elphants, and food.

by Crazyguy 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

Crazy guy darth frosty. re: the feezing ark. . I looked at the canopy coming down problem. how high was it, as imagined? a hemispheric dome firmament over a flat earth? 6000 km high? or more conservatively estimated at satelite orbit heights? Than it would take 1 million joules to put a kilo up there. 4184 joules will heat that kilo 1 degree c. (1kcalory). so: upon falling the mass of the water canopy, would have been heated to 240 degrees c. superheated steam. The ark would not have floated. Wood and bitumen ignite at that temperature. It would have burned while the oxigen lasted. The rain did NOT come from HIGH up in that story.

I re-did the atmosphere at the new sea level above Everest, and the fall in pressure is equivalent to the change in a 3 story climb, do not expect adiabatic cooling from that. how is that math?

Earth circumference 40 000 km. added heights 8 850km to radius X 2 ( to get diameter) =17.7km x 3,14= 55.6 km added to diameter. 40 000:55.6=~ 720. --.14 % --addiing a slice of ~56 km longditude to the existing atmosphere reduces the density by only .14%.

No aspect of the flood fable stands up to scrutiny.

Numbers count.

at the rate of 1% of drop in air pressure for a 100 meter climb, this means, that above a lifted sea level surface at Everest not even an island, the air is not rarer than on a top of a 3 story building. dont expect adaibatic cooling.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I looked at the canopy coming down problem. how high was it, as imagined? a hemispheric dome firmament over a flat earth?

Why would it be a hemisphere over a flat earth?

6000 km high? or more conservatively estimated at satelite orbit heights?

Satellites orbit anywhere from 2000 to over 35000 km.

Than it would take 1 million joules to put a kilo up there.

Please show your math. Also, you really didn't define what you mean by "up there".

4184 joules will heat that kilo 1 degree c. (1kcalory). so: upon falling the mass of the water canopy, would have been heated to 240 degrees c. superheated steam.

Please show that math and explain those numbers. I am curious how super-heated steam falls like rain, also. And how you now claim super-heated steam but earlier claimed the air would be a nice temperature.

I re-did the atmosphere at the new sea level above Everest, and the fall in pressure is equivalent to the change in a 3 story climb, do not expect adiabatic cooling from that. how is that math?

Please show that math.

Earth circumference 40 000 km. added heights 8 850km to radius X 2 ( to get diameter) =17.7km x 3,14= 55.6 km added to diameter. 40 000:55.6=~ 720. --.14 % --addiing a slice of ~56 km longditude to the existing atmosphere reduces the density by only .14%.

What us 8850 km in that equation? The height of Everest? Show the math showing the lessening of atmospheric density. Also, Everest is 8848 METERS high, not kilometers.

Numbers count.

So far, you've not shown that you can. Please show your work and explain it. You're continually mixing concepts and throwing out numbers without context or that don't make sense.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Vivian, have you tried to calculate the pressure applied in the atmosphere by a crap load of water in the canopy? Also how much light would penatrate the canopy given its estimated volume? Ultimately pointless, it's a bit like taking the time to calculate the weight of the pink light reflected by the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the volume of the FSM's left ball.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

MASH,

Unicorns only become pink if the eat a high concentration of pink pixie dust. Pink pixie dust is made from pink crustacean shells and sprite laughter. Once the Global flood mixed the sea waters and the fresh waters, the pink crustaceans would have died and the sprites would NOT be laughing.

Your example makes no sense.

DD

• Viviane
    Viviane

Vivian, have you tried to calculate the pressure applied in the atmosphere by a crap load of water in the canopy? Also how much light would penatrate the canopy given its estimated volume? Ultimately pointless, it's a bit like taking the time to calculate the weight of the pink light reflected by the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the volume of the FSM's left ball.

You've managed to miss the point entirely.

Prologos loves to make wild claims, promote pseudoscience and pretend he's incredibly smart. I really cannot stand people using faith, religion and fairy tales to dumb people down, I hate it even more when people push woo, ignorance and foolishness under the guise of knowledge. I will call it out every single time I see it.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Err... I do not think I was not missing the point!? I was suggesting further to your previous refutations you could add the 'pressure' and 'light' problem into the mix - both add further evidential weight to the argument being false.

I was not attempting to suggest your efforts are not worthwhile, only that such arguements are 'ultimately' pointless as a believer can quite simply take a step back to god when the evidence all points against them (almost exactly as DATA-DOG suggested). The fight is certainly worthwhile... but still!

So, personally I love to see people such as yourself take the time to evidentially prove woo wrong. However, I am not sure I missed the point entirely?

• Viviane
    Viviane

So, personally I love to see people such as yourself take the time to evidentially prove woo wrong. However, I am not sure I missed the point entirely?

Apparently not. Apologies!

• Caedes
    Caedes

It's interesting that the adding water to the height of everest has such a negligible affect on gravity, in fact the variance is within the range of the value of gravity across the surface of the earth without adding any fictional flood waters!

As for prologos' hollow sphere with no gravity inside, I have some pretty deep mine shafts near me. You could come and put your hypothesis to the test! My money is on gravity having her way with you all the way to the bottom no matter how deep you went!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The flood......how did I ever believe in this?

God decides he is really upset with his decision to create man. Of course, sin is the culprit. So he allows some good guys (still sinful and therefore will pass on sin), to hit the reset button on all life on earth.

Of course it only makes sense to drown everyone slowly and methodically including the babies, and animals of the world.

Once everyone is dead, just speed up some micro evolution, and hide all traces of this event (I mean you are going to leave the dinosaurs, but not the flood evidence).

Of course man is just going to be jacked up again because they are still with sin.....but after the whole flood he feels bad and says yeah that was a bit rough.....I'll just make rainbows to show I won't do that again. I mean.....I'm going to kill everyone again in the future, just not with a flood. And this time when i kill them, they will grow to perfection, so i don't have to kill everyone again. And jsut in case some people want to rebel, i will have a stop gap killing at about the thousand year mark.

It all makes perfect sense!

• prologos
    prologos

Caedes, I am internet challenged. but take a piece of paper and draw a xy axis coordinate system one with garvity up, with distance increasing to the right to the right. Use any values, but to get to the other side of the world, to the bottom left, you have to pass through the ZERO point in the center.

The different densities, air, water, earth, iron, nickel would make the line bulge up, but go through zero at the center. Even a black hole has zero gravity at the theoretical center.For an ideal globe with homogenous material, the decline in gravity would be linear, the outside is a different matter, beautifully declining curves, never touching the x axis.

Caedes, Inside a hollow, perfect sphere there is no gravity! prove it for yourself? on a pirce of paper, draw two concentric circles and pick a point on the inner circle, then draw any two lines through IT. . Now applying gravity's (or light's) inverse square-of-distance law, law, measure ~ the areas enclosed by the two arcs and these diverging lines. The force of gravity on the closer smaller area is shown to be equal to the larger more distant segment.

Your diagram might remind you of the 'equal area traversed' diagram of J. Kepler's 2nd law of Planetary motion, and it is nothing but a variation of it*, 400 years of geometric magic.

We are not talking mine shafts here, hollow spheres up to 12 000 km across, or just 8 ft, startin from the zero at the center. It is a comforting thought that even during the big bang ther was zero gravity at the center of the universe, and it still is.

* PS. The planets are in free fall, basically zero gravity. by following the equal Area rule, they are a living demonstration that there is zero gravity along the curve of a shell, if you care, you could make the elipse into a circle, with just one focal point center to see the unchanged effect.

The flood is a fallacy , but not because of gravity effects. and

talking of elephants: The 'deluge desastre' is only one in the herd of ELEPHANTs in the room of bible thumpers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit