Biblical Prohecies That Came True?

by Viviane 250 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nykid
    nykid

Well the prophecy about the Earth being destroyed will come true. In about 5 billion years when our Sun is finished.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Would "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" qualify?

Yep!

Isaiah 28:14-18

Therefore hear the word of Jehovah, YOU braggarts, YOU rulers of this people who are in Jerusalem: 15  Because YOU men have said: "We have concluded a covenant with Death; and with She´ol we have effected a vision; the overflowing flash flood, in case it should pass through, will not come to us, for we have made a lie our refuge and in falsehood we have concealed ourselves"; 16  therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Here I am laying as a foundation in Zion a stone, a tried stone, the precious corner of a sure foundation. No one exercising faith will get panicky. 17  And I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the leveling instrument; and the hail must sweep away the refuge of a lie, and the waters themselves will flood out the very place of concealment. 18  And YOUR covenant with Death will certainly be dissolved, and that vision of YOURS with She´ol will not stand.

'course, it didn't come true either.

Yep!

And YOUR covenant with Death will certainly be dissolved, and that vision of YOURS with She´ol will not stand.

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Would "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" qualify?

Yep!

Revelation 16:13-14

And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon ( "You positively will not die" ) and out of the mouth of the wild beast ( "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" ) and out of the mouth of the false prophet ( "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" ). 14  They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

abe

• Island Man
    Island Man

Some of the prophecy fulfillments are actually bogus interpretations of scripture to match later events. A glaring example is Watchtower's twisted interpretation of the 7 times of Daniel 4 to make it a prophecy predicting 1914 as the end of the gentile times.

There are also glaring examples, in the NT itself, of twisting OT scriptures out of context to make them seem like a prophecy about Jesus. As an example, consider the prophesy in Isaiah about the maiden giving birth to a child. When you examine that original text in Isaiah, with an open mind, it is clear that there is no hint of it being a messianic prophecy. People only assume it is because the gospels quote it as one. But if you look at it honestly without unquestioning acceptance of the NT, you'd be hard pressed not to admit that the NT writer was reaching.

I have a strong suspicion that the gospel writers twisted OT texts out of context to make it seem like they were prophecies pointing to Jesus.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

*** w83 7/1 p. 20 The Live Men of Faith Who Will Never Die ***

Live Companions of Those Hidden From Divine Denunciation

(July 1983 Watchtower -- Look it up.)

Isaiah 28:14-18

the overflowing flash flood, (denunciation) in case it should pass through, will not come to us, for we have made a lie ( "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" ) our refuge and in falsehood we have concealed (hidden) ourselves";

abe

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

the 70 weeks of Daniel fulfilled int he 1st century

You keep saying i cannot name a specific prophecy i just showed you lots including the book of revelation

They were all fulfilled 2000 years ago there is no dual fullilment. Messiah came back for the 1st century faithful ones just like he promised. He has been ruling as King for over 2000 years. The 1000 year reing with Christ is just for those kings and priests.Jesus reign is eternity, 1000 years is symbolic for a long period of time even eternity,.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

the 70 weeks of Daniel fulfilled int he 1st century

The 70 weeks of Daniel STARTED in the 1st Century:

Acts 15:13-18

After they quit speaking, James answered, saying: "Men, brothers, hear me. 14  Sym´e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15  And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16  After these things I shall return and rebuild the booth of David that is fallen down; and I shall rebuild its ruins and erect it again, 17  in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things, 18  known from of old.’

abe

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trying to discredit the prophecies serves no other purpose than to discredit the bible, and therefore god,

without which there is literally no point to life other than to live and to die.....Moses Joe

No point to life without God or the Bible?!..

I`m making "Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo".....One wiff of it cooking and you`ll want to live..

Without these two things there is no reason for people to not behave has ISIS does,

"ISIS"....Is that like "WhatWhat" ??

there's no reason for people not to just rape and pillage all over because this is the only life they get, so why live by any standards?

Man I`m happy I don`t live near you,you sound Crazy..

Why not TAKE what you want?

Uh..It`s Selfish..Wrong..Hurtful..

If you need a book to tell you that..

You got bigger problems than I`d care to be around..

..................................................................................You and God Don`t Get Any Because..

.......Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo...........................You Both Have Anger Management Problems..

........................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit