How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of most here-

by DocHouse 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

1- Pray to God (whomever you may imagine him to be) asking for understanding

2- Study the background about the Bible (from non-religious sources) to see where it came from

3- Discard (or at least set aside) chuyrch claims and dogma.

4- READ it, looking up archaeological/historical sources about the places and peoples referred to

5- Be honestly critical- meaning not only looking for things that may be false- but also those that may be TRUE, and, finally,

6- NEVER let your faith rest on men, church or even orginization- but ONLY on your growing understanding of God...for it WILL take place if you REALLY want to know!

As one of Jesus' brothers put it-

James 1: 5- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Thank you shelby! Peace to you

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Shelby?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not Shelby, The Mad JW.

The stupidity level hasn't changed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The proble is though DocHouse, many of us here HAVE lost all faith in the idea of a supreme deity due to ACTUALLY reading the bible!

I no longer beleive BECAUSE I have read the bible in detail!

• cofty
    cofty

Faith is a substitute for thinking.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

7. And whatever you do, never, ever, ponder the implications of real life tragedies that have been happening for mellenia like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't let anyone else do your thinking for you.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Stuck- can you give one example at a time for me to consider; or would you prefer me to list one at a time of what has convinced ME?

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Completely agree:

“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”

― Isaac Asimov

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit