How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of most here-

by DocHouse 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

PS: a strawman argument means that you misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack. And is a logical fallacy, It's not an insult or a personal attack.

Ismael

• Viviane
    Viviane

After nearly 10 years of being lead by Jesus Christ ALONE, I can honestly state that faith has been a way of creating reality.

So now you're a creator, like God? Isn't wanting be like God the downfall of Satan, according to Paul? And wasn't it the serpent who claimed to have special knowledge, just as you do? Looks like your faith is turning you more like Satan.

As I said, religion is for egomaniacs.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Mad, I refer to BIBLICAL faith- hich is based on evidence of things unseen- not CHURCH 'faith' which, as you say, has none. It is only gullibility...

Heb 11:1- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.- KJV

• Viviane
    Viviane

Ishmael- it begins with the evidence (rejected by most) that we have be created rather than just evolved.

If you refuse you acknowledge THAT, NOTHING can be proved.

Baby steps. Start with one piece of objectively verifiable evidence that we have been created, one that outweighs and is more conclusive than the accumulated body of science to date. Show it to us, explain it, then show us another piece, so on and so forth, and you would likely convince some here.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Mad, I refer to BIBLICAL faith- hich is based on evidence of things unseen- not CHURCH 'faith' which, as you say, has none. It is only gullibility...\

What objectively verifiable evidence are you referring to? Be specific.

• DocHouse
  • Viviane
    Viviane

Doc, are you going to provide evidence so we can discuss?

P.S. It should be spelled "networked" in that graphic, not "netwoked". Whoever made that needs to go to the Zoolander Center. Also, the random capitalization is atrocious.

• cofty
    cofty

If you think the driving force of evolution is chance, you are not ready to even begin discussing the topic.

Please read some books written by real scientists and then come back and we can talk.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Thanks, Viviane! I have big fingers- and the keys are little- and never saw that error!

The EVIDENCE is in how well our body (and all living things) is formed, and all its many parts that function TOGETHER. Combined with ecosyatems that have what the body needs to live, the design is obvious, unless blinded by emotion....

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Mad, I refer to BIBLICAL faith- hich is based on evidence of things unseen- not CHURCH 'faith' which, as you say, has none. It is only gullibility...

Heb 11:1- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.- KJV" -Doc

That's an argument by assertion, and is another logical fallacy. Asserting that it is true, regardless of contradiction, doesn't make it true.

Semantically speaking, there is no difference between simple "faith" and that "blind faith" you just described. Faith is based upon a hope or trust that something is true despite (and often because of) a lack of evidence or proof.

The use of "BIBLICAL faith- hich" doesn't actually change this definition, but instead tries to bring to the fore all the negative connotations of someone believing regardless of what they can see and experience. Because of this, faith becomes absolute, uncritical and unchanging, and therefore the opposite of open minded.

Heb 11:1, is jumping from a building when someone tells you it's on fire, but you don't check to see if there's anyone down there to rescue you. Or if the building's even on fire to begin with.

Heb 11:1, is the sort of thing people who think a smile and a firm handshake qualifies as due diligence promote as a virtue.

Heb 11:1, is believing that two boats and a helicopter don't count as divine intervention. (In Spanish is a very good joke)

Heb 11:1, is relying on the evidence of ... things not observed.

Can you be a little bit more specific?

Respectfully,

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit