How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of most here-

by DocHouse 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since (all) gods were only a construct of human imagination and ignorance, embracing that ignorance has shown to have a detrimental crippling

effect toward humanity's advancement in improving the human experience .

Would not knowledge concerning the world we live in and of yourself be more beneficial as toward dealing with accepted reality ?

That knowledge has proven to help humanity so far on many sociological levels.

Having supporting faith in knowledge might be a better approach than hawing faith from human ignorance from the past.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I have plenty of faith, in myself.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Nothing wrong with having 'faith' in one's own ability- yet to pretend we have made ourselves is tragilarious!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Your premise is ridiculous to the core DocHouse. You proceed to give a formula with a set of guidelines on "How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of Most Here.." as though you have discovered some way of insulating yourself and others from ideas that conflict with your own. The best and most practical way of 'avoiding peoples' spirit here' is to CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND NO LONGER COME HERE. (By the way, I am not telling you that you have no right to be here. You have as much right as anyone else to post here. I would just like to help you see the obvious solution to your 'problem'.)

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Ishmael- it begins with the evidence (rejected by most) that we have be created rather than just evolved.

If you refuse you acknowledge THAT, NOTHING can be proved.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one wants to hear what convinced you, that's the point. How can you have the gall to ask for one example at a time when you use the hit and run shotgun approach, never answering anything?!?! Go away, and feed some homeless people like Jesus.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

- -

DH: Nothing wrong with having 'faith' in one's own ability- yet to pretend we have made ourselves is tragilarious!

Who said "we have made ourselves"?

Oh, I know, it was The Strawman.

- -

Strawman

- -

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The tin man and the lion call me the scarecrow.

I'm honored.

I do my best to answer any questions, but don't LIVE here- and this site has been limiting me to only 10 postings. Now I can post more!

I LOVE watching the spins you clowns throw!

Bravo!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some opportunistic men have cultivated their own power and control unto themselves from exploiting human irgnaore and fear.

Unfortunately thats the kind of faith that causes so much damage to humanity (JWS), as history has shown.

Perhaps DocHouse wants some of that power for himself ?

When humanity derives power and subjective guidance from out of that ignorance this can only result in a perilous human folly.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Nothing wrong with having 'faith' in one's own ability- yet to pretend we have made ourselves is tragilarious!"- Doc

"Ishmael- it begins with the evidence (rejected by most) that we have be created rather than just evolved. If you refuse you acknowledge THAT, NOTHING can be proved." - Doc

Your OP didn't required "faith" as a criteria in your method. And as I stated before, faith is trust in an idea, or a belief that is unsupported by evidence or lacks proof. You encouraged using reasoning in your method. You are misleading people that's dishonest. Reason and faith are polar opposites. You gave me a Non sequitur response, the logic is broken. But that is ok, I think that somehow, your rational thinking skills kicked in when you wrote the original OP.

Evidence is an observation, fact or document that tends to make more likely the conclusion which the evidence is offered to prove. Their is sufficient to support evolution as changes in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. What you are giving me for evidence (mistakenly) is a symbolic narrative of the beginning of the world as understood by the Iron Age proto-Judaism tradition. Their are hundreds of them from around the world and different types like, Creation from chaos, Earth diver and your favorite, Ex nihilo (out of nothing).

Will you provide some evidence.

Ismael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit