How to Avoid the Faithless Spirit of most here-

by DocHouse 104 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

One day I put Jesus in charge to fill out my lottery slip and he failed miserably. Don't want to hear from that guy EVER again!

Fuck off Jesus

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Certainly if we can cut each other and ourselves slack, then a god could, too. Hopefully God would be as aware of these factors as you or I am. If I am intelligent enough to see there are extenuating circumstances to everyone's unique story, then we hope that God is, too." -

Our gods always reflect our culture and never exceed our knowledge. What you called "cutting some slack", it just us humans using reason to help us act morally.

Gods are thus externalized forms, magnified projections of the true nature of their creators, personifying aspects of the universe or personal temperaments.

If it is a violent culture our god is violent. If we strive to live a decent life our concept of god is that he/she/it, is also decent.

Ismael

• Fernando
    Fernando

Although I might have chosen a more positive title for the OP, in my experience this is indeed a viable recipe for those that are inclined to pursue faith (a higher level of consciousness and intelligence).

Faith (which emanates from God is not the same as belief which emanates from man, and) is a free gift which is granted to anyone who sets aside religion and instead relentlessly pursues the liberating and transformative gospel message hidden in plain sight throughout scripture.

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ." (Rom 10:17, NIV)

One good sign of having received this unmerited free gift, I believe, is being personally able to read, understand, summarise and explain Romans and Galatians from the heart.

And possibly eventually being able to link this with summaries of the "5 solas", "law vs grace", "faith vs works", "imputed righteousness", "imputed holiness", and "religion vs the gospel".

• Viviane
    Viviane

So now you're the one telling us how to get faith and setting the bar for telling how good it is?

Religion is a tool for the egomaniac and a crutch for the weak.

• cofty
    cofty

faith (a higher level of consciousness and intelligence).

Self-indulgent bullshit.

Faith is a way of avoiding reality. It is a comfort blanket.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is no virtue in possesing some form of Faith.

To me, faith in anything that is not proven to be real, proven by strong evidence that would satisfy a Jury of 16 Cofty's, faith in anything not of that calibre is indistinguishable from Delusion.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Although I might have chosen a more positive title for the OP, in my experience this is indeed a viable recipe for those that are inclined to pursue faith (a higher level of consciousness and intelligence)." -

With all due respect, Faith is trust in an idea, or a belief that is unsupported by evidence or lacks proof. Faith is set apart from reason in that the latter uses deductive reasoning from evidence to inform beliefs, while the former relies solely on assertion to state beliefs are true. Reason and faith are, therefore, polar opposites.

Ismael

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Fernando: That is fine and dandy. Next question, when should we kill jews and muslims and buddhists? Is this a good time to slaughter them? Can't wait to see only the true faith in existance. Just saying. Give us the signal. Loading the Kalashnikov as we speak!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Heaven forbid BluePill2!

Judeo-Christian-Muslim scriptures do not speak of faithS, but rather "one faith".

Religionists having stolen our faith, seek to hide this by conflating faith with religion, whereas the two are opposite and incompatible.

Religion is established by killing (in one way or another) the competitors unless they convert. This is the sordid history of thousands of years.

On the other hand, faith, which emanates from the God of Abraham, unites Christians, Jews and Muslims. This is the future.

This is not achieved by converting to one of these so-called "Abrahamic religions".

Faith simply and powerfully destroys the sectarian walls that divide (and conquer) us.

• Perry
    Perry

Faith is a way of avoiding reality.

After nearly 10 years of being lead by Jesus Christ ALONE, I can honestly state that faith has been a way of creating reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit